Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

IINexusII

Cracked Spring?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

i've been noticing a "click", or clacking type of sound for a few months now, happens mainly when taking off, or reversing, mainly when the car starts off from standstill.

ive been diagnosing it as possible droplinks, driveshafts or wishbones. the links and shafts were changed and no difference. one of my ball joints were also bad and loose so i changed that and still no change. i hear it mostly from the drivers side front suspension.

i can also hear it from the gearbox side but im pretty sure thats the DMF and will be replaced soon

however last night i thought id check the suspension and saw this little crack/rust mark. could this be the cause?

post-39336-0-84308700-1379070065_thumb.j

if i was to change it, should i also renew the top mounts? or do they generally last

thats just the paint coming off the spring its not cracked or broken and unlikely to be the cause of the issue

Hmmm I dono....

I changed one of my front springs the other week and it looked the same...... Personally I'd try cleaning off the loose paint and rust.......Hopefully It will just be loose paint.....

fingers crossed for ya

turns out it was the lower gearbox mount :blink: