Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cracked Spring?

IINexusII

Hi there,

i've been noticing a "click", or clacking type of sound for a few months now, happens mainly when taking off, or reversing, mainly when the car starts off from standstill.

ive been diagnosing it as possible droplinks, driveshafts or wishbones. the links and shafts were changed and no difference. one of my ball joints were also bad and loose so i changed that and still no change. i hear it mostly from the drivers side front suspension.

i can also hear it from the gearbox side but im pretty sure thats the DMF and will be replaced soon

however last night i thought id check the suspension and saw this little crack/rust mark. could this be the cause?

post-39336-0-84308700-1379070065_thumb.j

if i was to change it, should i also renew the top mounts? or do they generally last

thats just the paint coming off the spring its not cracked or broken and unlikely to be the cause of the issue

Hmmm I dono....

I changed one of my front springs the other week and it looked the same...... Personally I'd try cleaning off the loose paint and rust.......Hopefully It will just be loose paint.....

fingers crossed for ya

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club