Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Fog Light Install

Hjalle

Hi Guys

I have been toying with the idea of installing front fog lights to my mk6.5 Fiesta but have been thrown off by having to replace my interior light switch, partly by cost and secondly by my lack of experience with the wiring

I was playing around with my car today and noticed the light switch pulls out and I have 2 rear fog lights like this,

photo_1.jpgphoto_2.jpg

Would that mean I don't need to buy a new light switch? I have also read that there should be existing wiring for the front fog lamps just behind my bumper

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or could point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Normally you'd have two fog lamp switches because in theory you can use the front fog lamps at any time as they don't dazzle - they are aimed so low. Rear fogs are different, and laws regarding the ambient visibility say when they can be used. But in your case I'd simply wire the front fogs across the same switch (the standard fuse will in all probability be fine) and only switch them all on when it's pretty foggy.

This will fail an mot from my experience i wired my dads old mg tf to do this, toke it in for an mot and failed all fogs have to have their own switch we were told to take them out and then they would retest the car. Sorry dude, i might be wrong but that was the only thing the car failed on.

Ahh I see, it is pretty popular to use front fogs as a sort of DRL replacement in Australia at the moment so that was my reason to install them. Looks like if I want to do it I really should buy the proper switch and replace it.

Thanks for your help guys

Front fogs give a concentrated beam aimed very low so they don't 'catch the eye' of other road users. DRLs scatter the light in an unfocused, all directions sort of way so there's no dazzle but it can be seen over a wide angle. Park a couple of metres from a wall at night and the beam reflections show the huge differences.

Legally you can still install the front fogs as drls you would just have to wire in a relay which uses a signal from you side or dipped beams to turn the drls off when you put the lights on, i have mine wired like that work a treat and with a white smd led look good and havnt been flashed yet or stopped

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club