Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Front Screen Problem. Help!

Timbo

Your next one will probably cost £60 on insurance or even £100.

The b*stands luv gettin their money back even tho they say it doesn't affect premiums

Glad to see you got it resolved, a proper fix is better than a made fix, and its good of the dealer to actually honour this even though it was likely the way before they took posession of it!

• 8 years later...

My 67 ford mondo front heated screen doesn’t work at all. I took my car to fords in Basingstoke and a mechanic told me that the battery needs to be fully charged before the screen clears 

2 hours ago, Terence Patrick said:

and a mechanic told me that the battery needs to be fully charged before the screen clears 

...... and for once the mechanic is correct. Your 2017 Mondeo is fitted with a Smart charging system (which is actually quite dumb). The car battery will only ever be charged to a maximum of 80% State Of Charge (SOC). Major power using items on the car such as the 'Heated Front Screen' and the 'Heated Seats' will only operate if the SOC is above 70%

At this time of year with cold weather and the use of headlights, heated screens, heated seats etc. etc. the battery quickly runs down and the SOC falls below the minimum 70% required for power hungry equipment to operate.

You need to use a Smart battery charger and charge the battery for 12 hours. It is important to connect the positive charger lead directly to the battery terminal and the negative lead must be connected to the chassis main earth point - NOT the battery negative.

SOC.JPG