Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Anyone Got A Picture Of A St Spoiler On A Normal Mk2?

vinylpusher

Hi.

Thinking of getting this for my ford focus zetec mk2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-ST-REAR-BOOT-TAILGATE-SPOILER-BLUE-2005-2006-2011-/190843587309?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus|Plat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item2c6f2a0aed

Anyone fitted this to a standard one before?

Does it look good?

Will the original break light from the my currently spoiler fit this?

Thanks

• Like 1

The spoiler looks good on the MK2, Brigante has one on his Ghia.

The brake light is different and the connector is different too so if you get an ST spoiler try to get the connector and about 10cm of wire on it to enable swapping over.

For your reference both of the wires to the light are black but on the MK2 the live wire is noticeably thicker than the earth one.

Also I have a guide to fitting spoilers under this post (if viewed on a PC).

Hi.

Thinking of getting this for my ford focus zetec mk2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-ST-REAR-BOOT-TAILGATE-SPOILER-BLUE-2005-2006-2011-/190843587309?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make:Ford|Model:Focus|Plat_Gen:MK+II&hash=item2c6f2a0aed

Anyone fitted this to a standard one before?

Does it look good?

Will the original break light from the my currently spoiler fit this?

Thanks

Hi ben ,

The whole ST kit will fit your focus mate,

Side skirts, bumpers and spoiler,

I've fitted the zetecS kit to mine which has the same spoiler as the st,

Clear facelift tail lights will also fit your motor,

I personally think the st spoiler completes the side appearance of the focus

Carrys the flow nicely,

Will cost you 0.2mpg though until you lower the car

Thanks for the responses.

Any idea where to pick up ST parts?

Ive looked on eBay but cant find much at all. Also im not sure exactly what would and wouldnt fit.

How much roughly did you pay for parts because the front and rear bumpers ive seen have been over £300 second hand.

Thanks

• Like 1

Any idea where to pick up ST parts?

Ive looked on ebay but cant find much at all. Also im not sure exactly what would and wouldnt fit.

How much roughly did you pay for parts because the front and rear bumpers ive seen have been over £300 second hand.

Thanks

No 300 second hand!!!

I bought it parts new from ford for 280 front lip etc.

Mk2 st parts should be cheap enough under 200 per panel

The joy of buying from eBay is you get the grills and fog surrounds as part of the panel,

Where buying from ford is each part desperate.

I'd pay no more than 120 for a full rear bumper with fog surrounds,

And no more than 170 for a front panel with grills and fog surrounds,

Your existing fog unit are the same as st.

Check out the build thread section brigante, and Gforce have both built mk2 st replicas

No 300 second hand!!!

I bought it parts new from ford for 280 front lip etc.

Mk2 st parts should be cheap enough under 200 per panel

The joy of buying from eBay is you get the grills and fog surrounds as part of the panel,

Where buying from ford is each part desperate.

I'd pay no more than 120 for a full rear bumper with fog surrounds,

And no more than 170 for a front panel with grills and fog surrounds,

Your existing fog unit are the same as st.

Check out the build thread section brigante, and Gforce have both built mk2 st replicas

Hi. Thanks, i will take a look

Do you know if the below would fit my car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-BUMPER-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ST-GENUINE-/300958262735?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461282a5cf

Its the wrong colour but i can get it sprayed. Its a bit damaged but hopefully would come up ok? what you think?

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks, i will take a look

Do you know if the below would fit my car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-BUMPER-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ST-GENUINE-/300958262735?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461282a5cf

Its the wrong colour but i can get it sprayed. Its a bit damaged but hopefully would come up ok? what you think?

Yes that would be a straight swap,

You will also require the fog light inserts,

Yes that would be a straight swap,

You will also require the fog light inserts,

Great thanks :)

Doesnt seem a bad price. Just hoping it will look better than the standard one i have now

EDIT: Hmm now having issues finding the fog surrounds :(

• Like 1

I had thought about fitting an ST front myself but actually prefer the shape of the front bumper on the CC Focus.

• Like 1

Great thanks :)

Doesnt seem a bad price. Just hoping it will look better than the standard one i have now

EDIT: Hmm now having issues finding the fog surrounds :(

There under 40 pounds from ford,

Some people get them hydro dipped carbon print and sell them for double money,

You must remember all of the st body kit is heavily sought after by alot of focus owners so its a sort of collection process,

Piece by piece getting it all together,

Sure if you spend around 1,000 pounds you will get it all in a week

But if you bide your time and create it over a year you will save around 400 of that.

Wow! Didnt realise 2 small bits like that would cost that much. Think ill hold out and see if i can grab a bumper with these on them

thanks for the mention chaps

to the OP, if you go on this page of my old build thread you will see before n after shots of fitting the st rear end

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34953-my-minor-mods-to-date/page-3

just as you are thinking about it yourself, i myself have fitted the rear st bumper and the st spoiler to my once standard mk2 focus

straight forward swap like for like, but as Clive says the st third brake light has different wires, but they are easily distinguished which is which n its easy to test the connection.

just temp tape one of the wires from the st brake light wire to the thicker wire of the existing brake lights wires, get someone to press the brake pedal for you or simply jam a screwdriver on it and wedge it against the seat, if the brake light illuminates the first time then great, simply tape up the wires securely. if it doesnt, then all you gotta do is swap the wires over n jobs a good'n

as clive says, g force has also fitted a rear st bumper, infact he's done a complete rep but fitted an rs spoiler instead.

instead of finishing my rep i've got different ideas for my front ed which i'm not gonna disclose yet

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club