so i have a problem of instalation new reverse sensor to my ford fiesta 2012

so problem is what is the sorrect position for installing sensors ,

i saw various positiong in internet

so please help me

what is your recomandations

ford_fiesta_titanium.jpg

or

snc00037201002161611986.jpg

Both will work OK. The ones fitted lower down will be the easier to fit as you wont have to remove the bumper. The higher fitted ones look more like the factory fit but will be more difficult.

Both will work OK. The ones fitted lower down will be the easier to fit as you wont have to remove the bumper. The higher fitted ones look more like the factory fit but will be more difficult.

thankx friend

Once you get your parking sensors, they should come with instructions, detailing how far from the ground they should be. I think mine recommended 50-75cm. Too low or too high and it'll pick up too much and continuously beep or won't pick up anything and not beep at all.

I personally put a bit of masking tape where the sensors would go, dropped the back seats and hung out the back with someone else holding the sensors in position while a third person went round checking there were no blind spots before the bumper was drilled. We found that the only blind spot was rediculously close to the bumper, where the tow bar would be. But if there were any, it could be rectified before drilling.

Once you get your parking sensors, they should come with instructions, detailing how far from the ground they should be. I think mine recommended 50-75cm. Too low or too high and it'll pick up too much and continuously beep or won't pick up anything and not beep at all.

I personally put a bit of masking tape where the sensors would go, dropped the back seats and hung out the back with someone else holding the sensors in position while a third person went round checking there were no blind spots before the bumper was drilled. We found that the only blind spot was rediculously close to the bumper, where the tow bar would be. But if there were any, it could be rectified before drilling.

thakx for replying and please tell me how can i identify correct wire color of reverse light

I have just fitted some to the Wife's Fiesta , same position as picture one , very easy to fit , just need to spend a little time measuring correctly from the center. Problem with the lower picture two would be two different colours to match.

I have just fitted some to the Wife's Fiesta , same position as picture one , very easy to fit , just need to spend a little time measuring correctly from the center. Problem with the lower picture two would be two different colours to match.

i agree with you

so i think the best method is pic 1 \

by the way i have ford fiesta JA8 and please tell me how can i find color of reverse light wire\

Rather than guessing if you use a 12v tester you can insert into the plug of the rear lights and place in reverse gear and select ignition point two , (do not Start) , you will then be able to see which wire is live , when reverse is selected.

Rather than guessing if you use a 12v tester you can insert into the plug of the rear lights and place in reverse gear and select ignition point two , (do not Start) , you will then be able to see which wire is live , when reverse is selected.

thankx'\

do u remember the colors of wire ?

i havent 12 tester so i have led 12v blub

i tested with car battery

so the positive (+) is the lower point of blub

the negative (-) is the round of the blub

could you please any one tell me is it wrong or correct

my electrical knowledge and English is too bad :(

sorry

• 1 month later...

dear friends

i glad to tell you today i installed rear sensors to my fiesta 2011

so i like to thanks for many friends help me to do this specially member

zahtar and others

thankx and best regards

what colour was the wire that you used in the end?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club