Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

johno645

Towing

5 posts in this topic

hi does any one know if there is a permanent 12 volt in the back of 55 hatch or do I wire direct from the battery for the tow relay and fidge

I believe its a permalive in all the 2000 + Ford's 12v's, however I dont recall if they are standard on the mondy.

However, I thought you wired straight off the additional harnesses in the back rather than a 12v output?

There is a permanent 12v supply in the boot for towing electrics/lights but your fridge and charger will require a split charge kit

there is where is it please let me know .I know I have to put in split charge relay that why I was asking if there was a 12v constant supply

The 12v supply in the boot is only dated to power lighting so a split charge would require a heavier cable.

Remove the carpet on the passenger side of the boot and you will see a single core with a connector on the end. You will need to fit a fuse in the glovebox for it though