Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Consider A Remap?

tjwoolley

Hi guys,

Please bare with me i'm new to the forum. haha

I have got a mk2 focus 1.6tdci 110 bhp. I want to slightly modify it without going over the top and without spending a lot of money. I have done visual mods such as tinted windows, drl lights and sprayed the alloys a gunmetal grey. I also want to add a little power to the engine for a bit more of a pull. I have ordered a egr valve blanking plate for better running as I read on the forums but I am now considering a remap to 138bhp. Is it worth having a remap as I have been told that the engine is prone to blowing turbos? I don't want to be going and forking out for a new turbo after the remap. The car has done 73 thousand miles. having the remap is really tempting but I am worried about what I have heard ab out blown turbos. Also could anyone please recommend any little mods I could do to the car, subtle but effective?

Another thing I don't want the car smoking black smoke once it is remapped.

thanks for the help guys

Tom

Hi guys,

Please bare with me i'm new to the forum. haha

I have got a mk2 focus 1.6tdci 110 bhp. I want to slightly modify it without going over the top and without spending a lot of money. I have done visual mods such as tinted windows, drl lights and sprayed the alloys a gunmetal grey. I also want to add a little power to the engine for a bit more of a pull. I have ordered a egr valve blanking plate for better running as I read on the forums but I am now considering a remap to 138bhp. Is it worth having a remap as I have been told that the engine is prone to blowing turbos? I don't want to be going and forking out for a new turbo after the remap. The car has done 73 thousand miles. having the remap is really tempting but I am worried about what I have heard ab out blown turbos. Also could anyone please recommend any little mods I could do to the car, subtle but effective?

thanks for the help guys

Tom

Hi tom,

Blank the egr as planned,

Get it remapped,

Fit a K&N 57s induction kit

Remove dpf internals,

Upgraded exhaust from dpf to tip with 2.5" piping,

Lower on eibachs

Fit some 17 or 18" rims

Job done :)

In terms of the turbo,

If you blank your egr and fit a 2.5" free flowing exhaust with bigger induction your turbo won't choke, also change oil every 15-20,000 and at 150,000 purchase a new oil feed turbo pipe kit from ford on eBay for 100 pounds, aswell as some wynnes engine flush,

Use the engine flush in the oil then

Change the pipes to the turbo using the kit,

no hassle.

The 1.6tdci turbo failure is caused by the egr and dpf clogging the oil turning it to sludge,

The sludge blocks the small pipe feeding oil to the turbo,

Banjo bolt in the turbo dries up and POP!

Turbo gone

Kept clean, no problem,

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

Thabks for the advice i will be adding all those upgrades in the coming months :D. Also your car looks insane i love it nice work :D

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

Thabks for the advice i will be adding all those upgrades in the coming months :D. Also your car looks insane i love it nice work :D

Thanks

Tom

Thanks very much tom,

Its a finished project now mate, im moving to Toyota in around December/January,

Getting back to remapping though, this video below really inspired me to do it lol "unleash your banks mate"

• Like 1

Thanks very much tom,

Its a finished project now mate, im moving to Toyota in around December/January,

Getting back to remapping though, this video below really inspired me to do it lol "unleash your banks mate"

It is stunning got to be honest. Ah cool what car you thinking of?. haha I will give it a watch now.

Cheers

• Like 1

It is stunning got to be honest. Ah cool what car you thinking of?. haha I will give it a watch now.

Cheers

Currently saving specifically for a Levin BZR in white,

Going to be the new project :)

• Like 1

Currently saving specifically for a Levin BZR in white,

Going to be the new project :)

sounds good. If your focus is anything to go its going to be sweeeeeet
  • Like 1

sounds good. If your focus is anything to go its going to be sweeeeeet

Thanks very much Tom,

I'll do my best to get a full TRD body kit on it anyways, images below are TRD kit but not the spoiler,

And relocate the battery to the boot.

. IMG_20130917_163502_zpsb0ef6fb4.jpg

IMG_20130917_163429_zpsa73c764d.jpg

B

This is the TRD adjustable rear spoiler,

. PC100149_zpsee914dfc.jpg

Thanks very much Tom,

I'll do my best to get a full TRD body kit on it anyways, images below are TRD kit but not the spoiler,

And relocate the battery to the boot.

. IMG_20130917_163502_zpsb0ef6fb4.jpgIMG_20130917_163429_zpsa73c764d.jpg

B

This is the TRD adjustable rear spoiler,

. PC100149_zpsee914dfc.jpg

Hi Lenny,

Sorry for the late reply my internet crashed -.- haha. The cars in the pictures look amazing man fair play. Make sure to stay in touch with progress once you get it :D

• Like 1

Lenny

the car reminds me of a Nissan Silvia S15 from the rear and a Honda R-Type (2 door import) from the front. gonna look insance once you have a bodykit on it.

• Like 2

Hi Lenny,

Sorry for the late reply my internet crashed -.- haha. The cars in the pictures look amazing man fair play. Make sure to stay in touch with progress once you get it :D

Internet crash, thats a nightmare mate,

Id be lost without the internet, i only purchase food in ireland, everything else i purchase online lol

Aswell as communication, i dont talk to the neighbours but you guys are my neighbours on a larger country scale ;)

I cant wait to get going on the new project,

Ill defo post images and links to the progress thread which will be on AE111 owners club,

Lenny

the car reminds me of a Nissan Silvia S15 from the rear and a Honda R-Type (2 door import) from the front. gonna look insance once you have a bodykit on it.

Thanks Sal,

I'd love a Nissan Silvia S15 but I'd be dead within months,

I like coasting in to bends and accelerating out of the apex,

That wouldn't work well in a Silvia :lol: if it did work well then it would defo be one for you tube,

Thankfully the Levin Ae111 is front wheel drive but looks like a drift,

Hopefully get one with the body kit fitted already, if I'm lucky

Can't wait 170bhp naturally aspirated velocity stacked twin-cam 20 valve 1.6 petrol engine, redlines at 9000rpm