Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Replacement Wiring Looms Help

sparkywilliams

Hi,

i'm wondering if someone could help me a little.

Both doors wiring need replacing but i have a few questions:

Do i need to remove the lock mechanism bolted to side of door in order to re-fit power cables and if so how do you remove as i'm finding it gets stuck against a metal strut and 'anti-theft' box with sealant around it. Do i need to disconnect the 'pull lever cable',gut the whole door? or is there a knack to getting it out without disconnecting everything too much?

How does the plastic gromit attached to door side pull out?

finally,any advice on any differences in wiring looms (i shall prob buy off ebay) my ka has central locking and speaker cables but is not the remote keyfob type.

Thanks all,any help appreciated.

Locking the car manually with key at moment.

post-14365-0-02591900-1379271841_thumb.j

post-14365-0-51625000-1379271857_thumb.j

post-14365-0-35003700-1379271872_thumb.j

post-14365-0-56722800-1379271882_thumb.j

post-14365-0-19435100-1379271897_thumb.j

post-14365-0-32298100-1379271905_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

Hey Mate,

I saw this post you did and I wanted to ask you, as I need to do exactly the same thing, can you please tell me how you went about this, I have to replace my speaker wire to the Driver door as speaker is dead and the wiring snapped as in yours too.

Could you please possibly reply and let me know how you went about and did this please, your knowledge on this is going to be invaluable, I really appreciate it cheers Matt

As the original post is 2 years old I doubt very much if you'll get any reply to your request.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a shock reply! Haha :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

mdexter,sorry had a problem with my email.

I'll gve you what i can recall i did.....I took out the original cable that was inside the door and went to a breakers and found a replacement.

Fitting wasn't difficult just long winded and required completely stripping the door's internals.

Take plenty of photo's as you go and provided you don;t break anything you'll be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club