Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

shabazmo

Headlamp Bulbs Mk7 Blowing

6 posts in this topic

I have had the fiesta for 4.5 years and have gone through 6 H7 headlamp bulbs. Is this common or is there some thing wrong with the car. 4 of the bulbs have been performace bulbs from Philips and Osram. They last beiween 6 months and a year. The original bulbs blew at the 2 year mark and both at the same time or very close to each other. I have now switched to cheaper versions.

I found that the performance bulbs, of any brand don't last too long so I stopped using then and now use the cheapo bog standard ones.

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Unknown date: TSB for Fiestas built up to September 2009 (date in plastic of fuse box cover) that if customer complains of regular headlight bulbs blowing then need to fit a resistance wire somewhere in the wiring.

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Unknown date: TSB for Fiestas built up to September 2009 (date in plastic of fuse box cover) that if customer complains of regular headlight bulbs blowing then need to fit a resistance wire somewhere in the wiring.

Beat me to it! Was going to say the same thing, it's a known fault.

I have just purchased 2 x wires for the headlamps and fitted them today. A fairly simple job but he cost of the wires were £34. What a rip off, and for a TSB which is a design fault. I think Ford are trying to be a Ferrari for parts prices.

Is there no way of checking the resistance for the wires, then just putting a 2 penny resistor in yourself and return the (sarcasm) Ford platinum plated (/sarcasm) wires? Might be worth making a post about the resistance, and where these wires fit, so others can save a fair amount of money.