Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1988 Ford Granada Scorpio 2.9 V6. What Problems Should I Look For

msajohnson94

hi im interested in buying a 1988 ford granada scorpio 2.9 v6 on eBay its all original and there is no rust on the arches and sills. engine and gearbox are strong. is there any major faults i should look for.

its had no advisory for rust on previous MOTs.

whats the market like for one of these?

$T2eC16VHJF4FFkjBlI+rBSLecQrPvQ~~60_12.J$(KGrHqFHJBsFInKS9zKZBSLecpItkg~~60_12.J$T2eC16RHJGMFFpboJOrzBSLec9)wsg~~60_12.J

I cant remember the last time I saw one of these on the road. Very few good ones left.

I looked at a few back in the early 90's. Main problem I came across was the propshaft UJ needed replacing. Aircon probably wont be working. It being an old car the shocks, bushes and track control arms may need replacing.

ok thanks ill have a look. think it was a daily runner so it was well looked after. ive had a look to see how many on eBay are for sale but i only turned up with another on there but it was a 1991 and that was going for £1200.

i am now the proud owner of this 1988 ford granada scorpio

i am now the proud owner of this 1988 ford granada scorpio

Congratulations. Does it need any work?

2.9 was a cracking engine..no real problems beyond corrosion issues and, if an auto, the box. they tended to go at 60k so check the box fluid, look to see if its a nice clean red colour, anything beyond that then get the box oil and filter changed..then keep a regular check on it, a sign of a good box will be if the oil stays clean, if after a few k's it starts to turn dark, then prepare yourself for a rebuild.

still worth changing the box oil on a regular basis, used to do mine every 8-10k, then the filter every 3rd change

nothing wrong no rust perfect runner just need a check over and put it through the MOT. it was used on a daily basis and well looked after. only paid £200 for it. thanks for the advice i have a look at the gearbox oil once i pick it up next week

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club