• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gareth1

Gareth1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max
Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

The warning on the dash display came on today and sure enough the high level brake bulb isn't illuminated.

Page 70 of the driver's manual attempts to give instructions on removing trim to get to the bulb, but I just can't work it out from the instructions or pictures.

Any help please?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sobaka

sobaka

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Ford Model: SMAX
Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

The warning on the dash display came on today and sure enough the high level brake bulb isn't illuminated.

Page 70 of the driver's manual attempts to give instructions on removing trim to get to the bulb, but I just can't work it out from the instructions or pictures.

Any help please?

Hi Gareth,
it is pretty straight forward, I have see one being changed. You just need to remove the the trim pushing it towards the window inside the open tail door, then use small flat screwdriver to release two plastic clips one each side it is not evident and clips break easily.

HTH

#3 Gareth1

Gareth1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S-Max
Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi Gareth,
it is pretty straight forward, I have see one being changed. You just need to remove the the trim pushing it towards the window inside the open tail door, then use small flat screwdriver to release two plastic clips one each side it is not evident and clips break easily.

HTH

Thanks - in the end I chickened out and took it to the local dealer, and watched them struggle with trim, fiddly clips and taking the bulb housing off from the outside too. Guess it's easier when it's not your car - you're probably less wary of snapping a piece of plastic trim. What's wrong with a couple of screws holding the part in place? Anway, fair play to the garage; their service manager came out, swapped the bulb for me and only charged me the 1.60 for the bulb.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users