Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Switching From Titanium To Zetec S

T100mpr

I've just bought a zetec s In black 1.6 £10,499 With 11,000 miles on the clock... I still currently do have my titanium, It's getting ready for part exchange, It's a 1.4 auto, beige 59 plate with 21,000 miles on the clock, they've offered me £6000 for it.. It's a Gorgeous car. And I'm really going to miss it.

What does everybody think about my choice? Right? Or wrong?

post-46825-0-99650100-1379361271_thumb.j

post-46825-0-45886200-1379361305_thumb.j

Hmm, well it depends if you're going to miss all the extra's that come with the titanium? If i remember rightly they have quite a few extra's.

But on the plus side you've got more power under the bonnet with your Zetec S. Cant decide whether the price is good for the car you're buying, I got my 62 plate facelift Zetec S with factory miles for £11.5k, maybe I just struck lucky but i would expect a lower price for the amount of miles already on the car you're buying.

Well my titanium was pretty basic... It didn't really have anything more than standard, air con and an auxiliary port, that's it.

The Zetec s has bluetooth, climate control a USB port..

Wow you have got lucky.

I've been looking round and it seems a pretty decent price.

Sounds like you're just about better off then! Definitely worth the upgrade. Did you manage to haggle with the price?

Hope you enjoy your new car ;)

Yeah i think so....I tried to haggle, but he said it was the sell price. Lol obviously.

Cheers mate and you enjoy yours too. :)

It's not beige so of course you've done the right thing.

???..... Biege is the closest I can call it, it's actually called spa silver, and I'm sure I'd get more disagreements from that lol.

So why do you think I've done right?

I meant any change from a beige coloured car is the right choice :)

Hahaha oh right... Yes your probably right there.

Well my titanium was pretty basic... It didn't really have anything more than standard, air con and an auxiliary port, that's it.

Titanium should have Cruise control as standards but the Zetec will not, although that depends if you used it.

Titanium should have Cruise control as standards but the Zetec will not, although that depends if you used it.

Ha Yeah it does have cruise control, I forgot to type that...... Probably because I don't actually use it lol

What do you think.... A 1.4 59 titanium for a 1.6 2012 Zetec s for an extra 4499?

If you didnt use the extra's you had on the titainium then yes! As for the part ex, the 3 door titainiums didnt hold their value well, dealer gave me 8500 for a 62 plate with keyless entry/power start and 7000 miles.

The main question is was it worth £4.5k to upgrade to you? If you're happy that's all that matters :)

No I never used the extras anyway...your right I noticed that titaniums don't hold there value. I compared an 11 plate titanium and a zetec s on a comparison site both with average mileage, and the zetec s was still coming in 2-3k more than the titanium.

I love my titanium (even tho its beige)but I've wanted a Zetec s for ages...so yeah it's defo worth the extra 4.5k.

I will miss the beige beauty tho lol :)

Hi

if you never used your cruise control you certainly wont miss it, only ever had it on one previous car (non ford) and must say i havent missed it. Just part ex`d my 58 plate zetec s 1.6 with 25500 miles on it ( paid 10995 for it 3yrs ago from dealership (5500 on it then ) for a 63 plate zetec s ( brand new ). They gave me £6000 for old one and only thing i`m gonna miss is the powdercoated wheels that i had to leave on it, diamond cut flaked on the original surfaces which was a common fault then and ford would only redo it only for it to happen again at a later date. I think at the end of the day it will be down to what you feel is right as i did, loved the old one as did the wife and even fitted an after market alpine headunit with bluetooth etc ( now removed and refitted original basic audio but i`m gonna adore the new one cos they are so much better 5yrs on.....................in a few months time when you`ve driven a tad you probably just remember the tiranium with fond affection.

:)

Hmmm, best option is to buy the Titanium and put all the ZS kit on it, you get the best of both worlds then.

Although obviously this would have to be a new car, but at least you would get the cruise, mats, sony CD player, DRL Led's etc.

A titanium that looks like a ZS in everyway would hold its money better than a new ZS.

Never the less, nice car and i hope you enjoy it!