Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibrating, Knocking From Boot

superchris

Hi All

Just bought a 56 reg mondeo diesel hatchback with 82000 on the clock. I've noticed when driving there is a knocking noise coming from the boot. I thought it was the parcel shelf vibrating but I took this off completely and it didn't make any difference. I think it may be the boot liner but can't see how to secure it

It does sound like it is inside the car but was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks

Could be the boot lock itself. You can adjust it to make it a tighter fit. Could also be the top mounts on the rear shock have some play with wear.

had your exact same problem a while back. i thought parcel shelf also lol. took it out then took spare wheel,toolkit etc out,then removed trim parts in boot etc. I never ever found out what it was but it stopped doing it about 4 weeks ago. thought i heard it today but maybe mistaken.The only thing i never looked at were my top mounts,& reckon it was them,but puzzled as to why noise stopped. maybe temps etc have a bit to do with it.who knows lol