Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8TDDI Estate
  • Year: 2001

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hi all, thanks for the help from Dan for the wire diagram for my focus remote locking all done and working fine.

One thing I have noticed since the install that was there before hand (maybe should of sorted it out first lol) is that when I unlock the car with the remote the car unlocks but then locks again with-in 2secs. I unlocked the car again and got in and the car locked up again so I unlocked it with the remote and noticed that the passenger side don't unlock, which leads me to think maybe the solenoid has had it.

Before the install I must add I could undo the car with the key on the driver side but had to unlock the rest by hand, sometimes all doors would unlock fine and sometimes they wont. If I done this on the passenger side with the key the same thing would happen, thus why I asked ford how must the locking kit would cost £150 I must say. But I sorted it out for £10.

So would this solenoid but the cause of my car unlocking then locking with-in seconds the due to the passenger solenoid failing?

Regards and thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 chazz

chazz

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8TDDI Estate
  • Year: 2001

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Any advice please

thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users