Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.6Tdci (90Bhp) Remap - Through Odb?

neps

Have tried to get my fiesta remapped, but the tuner had problem doing this over the odb port. We tried several tools without any success.

Have any of you guys remapped your tdci? If so, how was is it done? Through odb, or did they need to take the ECU out of the car?

I'm on my phone so can't see what year your car is. But I've read somewhere that if it has a dpf, they are more difficult. But they are 95bhp, so I'm assuming yours is pre 2011 ? In which case, I've never heard of any problems.....?

Mine is a 2009, 90bhp, with dpf. Ecu should be a Bosch edc16

I know it can be mapped, but I just wonder if it might be that my obd port is faulty? Or do remapping it require direct access to the ecu (BDM mode)

Pretty sure they didn't have dpf's fitted to the 90bhp model !!! Thats the reason I bought mine. A model with a DPF has 95bhp.

No offence Mike, I can see the DPF physically, I have the regenerate light in my cluster. And I also hear the fan going full speed sometimes after parking the car if it was stopped during a regen cycle.

And the Etis link iNath provided also back up that I have dpf

Primary Features Build Date: 09.06.2009 Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-2012 Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 30 Engine: 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (90PS) - DV6 Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive: LHD FWD Axle Ratio: 3.05 Emission: Stage IV + CDPF Emissions Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"S" Paint: Frozen White Interior Fabric: Ecrin / Syracus

Emission:

Stage IV + CDPF Emissions

Anyways, I have the same ECU`s as cars without DPF (EDC16C34) so it should be as easy to remap ?

Superchips can remap your car (Fiesta 1.6 TDCI mk7 90PS 9/2008-on ) With a claimed improvement to 122Hp (approx 124PS) / 231Nm -

Its interesting that this is not offered via mail order Via Bluefin handset to do yourself and you must take it to a Superchips dealer (so it probably cannot be done through the OBD port alone and there is more they need to do -(so your OBD port probably is not faulty) )

Here are the Superchips dealers closest to you -

Turbo Teknikk

City: Mjondalen

Address: Stranvn 10,3050

Tel: 0047 32878108

Fax: 0047 32878108

Eng`s Auto AS

City: Trogstad

Address: Grav Industriomrade 4

Post code: N-1860

Tel: 0047 69 82 69 85

Fax: 0047 69 82 69 86

Email: post@engs-auto.no

Autoteknikk AS

City: Kristiansand

Address: Setesdalsveien 207 Vest-Agder

Post code: 4618

Tel: 0047 38019053

In Sweden -

Motor Nord AB

City: Sundsvall

Address: Bjorneborgsgatan 49

Post code: 85121

Tel: 0046 60157400

Fax: 0046 60157405

Email: car.special@motornord.se

Site: www.motornord.se

And in Denmark -

Schmiedmann Odense A/S

City: Korup

Address: Sandvadvej 9

Post code: 5210 Odense NV

Tel: 0045 65941545

Fax: 0045 65940098

Email: web@schmiedmann.com

Site: www.schmiedmann.com

(I have included the Sweden and Denmark ones in case you work or travel there often/ as alternatives )

It would cost £320 to do it if it was the UK

Like most things it is easy to do >if you know how< and if it was that easy your tuner would have done it already

Still debating a remap for my diesel, just don't fancy voiding my warranty lol.

Someone must have opted for it from new then,,, as they were only fitted as standard from 2010. Unusual option to go for though I'd have thought.

Someone must have opted for it from new then,,, as they were only fitted as standard from 2010. Unusual option to go for though I'd have thought.

It may be because this is a "econetic", a model which is supposed to be environment friendly, have better fuel mileage and so on.

It was also sold new in Sweden, maybe they have other regulations there than in UK.

Still debating a remap for my diesel, just don't fancy voiding my warranty lol.

Same same! Looked and it's only extra £30 a year insurance, for being 20 I don't think it's that bad. But you never know if you will need to claim on the warranty, it's annoying

Yeah, just noticed your not in the UK, you may have tighter regulations over there :)

Same same! Looked and it's only extra £30 a year insurance, for being 20 I don't think it's that bad. But you never know if you will need to claim on the warranty, it's annoying

Companies claim that diagnostic software can't detect the maps, but I'm not completely convinced >_>

Companies claim that diagnostic software can't detect the maps, but I'm not completely convinced >_>

Yeah I know, places that I have contacted in the north east say that it can be detected but then only effects the engine warranty, quite a serious part to lose thought isn't it haha

Engine, gearbox, turbo, intake, fuel system, ECU...

Quite a bit more than the engine lol. Though Ford would have to prove the map damaged a part rather than just saying no to any work, but it's a lot to write off...

Engine, gearbox, turbo, intake, fuel system, ECU...

Quite a bit more than the engine lol. Though Ford would have to prove the map damaged a part rather than just saying no to any work, but it's a lot to write off...

Yup, well that's more than I thought haha I'm sure I will get it done at some point as I'm sure it would make it much better to drive, but I bet it will closer to the end of the warranty :(