Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Bonnet Heat Shield

Jay Ali

Hi guys been a while

I was wondering if the mk2.5 is suppose to come with the bonnet heat shield coz mine does not have it as I have the rs vents on n the water is goin on my freshly painted engine bay bits n surely not healthy for the engine either

Please some help on this would be really appreciated as I cannot find on fleabay ;)

Hi guys been a while

I was wondering if the mk2.5 is suppose to come with the bonnet heat shield coz mine does not have it as I have the rs vents on n the water is goin on my freshly painted engine bay bits n surely not healthy for the engine either

Please some help on this would be really appreciated as I cannot find on fleabay ;)

i dont have it on mine

it wont work with the rs vents all it will do is totally soak the heat shield and drip all over the engine thats the problem with these vents im afraid especially in winter

i think you'll be fine as long as the ecu is covered. i know that some guys on the st forum have used a jetwash without any issues.

as you dont have the sound deadening material your better off otherwise it would get wet when it rains or when you wash your car.

• 3 weeks later...

can these be ordered from ford?

i havent got the vent, i noticed mine didnt come with one but my mates titanium came with one.

might try and take his lol.

• Like 1

i think these are expensive from ford - keep a lookout on eBay. i saw one the other day, if the seller has put will post then ask them if they would.

the one i saw is a pree facelift one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-mk2-bonnet-heat-shield-/360759902709?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53fef741f5#ht_82wt_958

maybe try a breakers for one?

• Like 1

i think you can get these online but you need to make sure they are genuine as you dont want them catching fire...

This might sound obvious, but you'll need the plastic clips as well - there's no way of holding it in place without these. I think there are about 12 in total on mine.

The best thing is to go to your local Ford dealer with the registration of a Diesel model matching the year of your car as it's usually only the diesel models that had a bonnet liner fitted.

• Like 1

Clips you get on eBay for a few quid i simply bought fire resistant sound deadening pads and fitted them instead to the thin parts ie between the beams after cutting to shape foes the same job for less money pads were from eBay as well