Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Boot Lock On A 2000 Ford Focus

msajohnson94

i have to fit a boot lock to a 2000 ford focus is there any electronic parts attached to it?

The whole lock is a single unit on a hatchback.

One connector and two bolts.

Can I ask the reason you're fitting the lock?

If it's a failed electrical mechanism are you replacing the whole unit?

If a new unit and you want to keep the same lock barrel look at my how-to links below on how to swap barrels.

its for a customer not sure on reason why its failed but when she turns up for me to do it ill have a talk to see why its failed

I'd assume the barrel will need swapping then?

Likely cause for failure is snapped wiring loom causing a short in the conduit between the roof and hatch due to brittle insulation.

Had it happen on my old MK1.

thanks ill explain all this to the customer and tell her it may need other parts and get a bit more expensive

im not sure completely the problem is ill have a talk with her tomorrow morning and ask her what the problem is

ill give you an update tonight on whats happened with the boot lock

sorry for the late update, they told me there friend stuck something in the lock so i replaced it and it worked perfect. she was happy with it and said it was the best £30 spent. also had to fit a wiper mechanism for a different customer later that day but when i fitted it we tested it and it stopped half way when it was switched of.

Stopping half way is a sign of wire damage in the rubber conduit for sure especially if it's during a normal (intermittent or timed) wipe cycle rather than with the wash cycle.

ok thanks i dont think i damaged any of the wires but i didnt no if the motor or any thing was working right or damaged.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club