Do Not Sell My Personal Information

strange noise from focus

weejoe

I put my car in garage to have the bottom ball joint replaced. To be told the arm needs replacing, since the car came out the garage ive now got a high pich noise on idle it appears to be coming from the belt area. And it appears to have more vibrations through the steering wheel than it did before. It still has the old arm on it but im just wondering what the noise could be!!!

Aux drive belt squealing. Possibly they got some grease on it while they were working on the car. Vibrations could be a weights got dislodged from the wheel when its been off the car.

if you are getting vibration through the steering wheel after getting the bottom ball joint replaced it could be the tracking. did they test it?

although if it doesn't vibrate all the time it will be wheel balancing. try swapping the rear wheels for the front, and check the rims for ANY damage at all.

So did they actually replace anything or do any work at all? The balljoints at the end of the front lower suspension arms cannot be replaced seperatly (well not to my knowledge), you have to replace the entire suspension arm.

Vibrations through the steering and a whining noise? I'd check your power steering fluid level.

So did they actually replace anything or do any work at all? The balljoints at the end of the front lower suspension arms cannot be replaced seperatly (well not to my knowledge), you have to replace the entire suspension arm.

Vibrations through the steering and a whining noise? I'd check your power steering fluid level.

why? that shouldn't affect the vibrating issue <_<

If the PAS fluid dropped low enough and air got in the system, you could get vibrations when turning lock to lock? He says vibrations through the steering wheel, doesn't say if this is on drive or not?

it sounds like its related to the powersteering although when bonnet is lifted it sounds like its coming from belt area. Nothing was replaced i had the ball joint to fit to the arm that was on it but found the bushes has also gone in the arm therefore old arm was put back on. When turning when moving from standstill or turn the wheel when stationary its as if its putting strain on the pump. Powersteering fluid is between min and max now was up above the max last week. Will top this up later today and see if it goes away or helps any.

Been out checked power steering fluid. It was between min - max. Topped it up noise has dissapeared now. But went for a five minute run. And checked fluid again. It has gone back to being between min - max. There was no obvious signs of leaks or anything. Could it be down to the problem with the lower arm?

Can't see it being related to the suspension arm bush problem but...

I would'nt worry too much about the PAS (power assisted steering) fluid level fluctuating a little bit, but if the level drops very low (below min), then I would check for leaks. Check the high pressure pipe that comes out of the PAS pump for signs of damp.

If the bushes have gone, you will need to change the lower arm.. the car will not drive right untill the suspension is put right. "its not that hard to do your self" and save money..

I am currently waiting for a lower arm to arrive. The strangest thing is that if the fluid is topped up to max as soon as car is started it will drop down to halfway between min and max, And then after a few days the noise starts again. Top fluid up noise disapears for a few days. Hope its nuffing serious!!!