Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It Worth Remapping My 1.4 Petrol To Get More Mpg?

82hawkinsalan

Hi all

I have been told you can get more mpg when remapping, but just wondering if I could have some feedback on other peoples' thought's or whether it's a ' no point whatsoever doing a 1.4' reply!

Would it give it a bit more oomph too? I have been told there are about 3 or 4 different options of having this done, at varying prices.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan

Tbh remapping a standard petrol will give minimal returns for the cost.

Any increase in fuel economy will be swallowed up by the initial remap price.

• Like 1

agreed, diesel remap is much more worth it, but petrol, your best off investing in a good service.

• Like 1

as everybodies already said, spend the money on quality products for a service..... and please dont fit a cold air feed ( yes u get grunt) but losses everywhere else.....

No chance of fitting that....I only wanted more mpg if it was worth while! Thanks for all the feedback. Have been toying with the idea of getting a diesel though.......

• Like 1

No chance of fitting that....I only wanted more mpg if it was worth while! Thanks for all the feedback. Have been toying with the idea of getting a diesel though.......

Diesel would be a win win for you, more mpg and more poke :)

Hi all

I have been told you can get more mpg when remapping, but just wondering if I could have some feedback on other peoples' thought's or whether it's a ' no point whatsoever doing a 1.4' reply!

Would it give it a bit more oomph too? I have been told there are about 3 or 4 different options of having this done, at varying prices.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Alan

Here is the Bluefin remap -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=1&model=2&variant=981

- it increases the BHP by 5Hp, and the torque by zero Nm and costs £247 the £249 could be put towards petrol, and it makes no specific claims for improved MPG, it may actually reduce the MPG, (often reported, its turbo-diesels that have been remapped that tend to improve the MPG) and you probably wont notice an extra 5Hp, and you would even have to inform your insurance, etc (even though its a negligable difference) so is, in my opinion, a total waste of time

The gain is typical for remaps for a NA (Natuarally Asperated/ non- turbo) cars (other remappers would have modest (negligable) gains on this engine) - to get a big (worthwhile) gain, you need a turbo engine (petrol or diesel)

So probably your best bet is replacing the car with a more economical, faster car

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club