Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Seats in 04 Focus Flight

weazil

Good afternoon all,

I have owned a Ford Focus Flight (Jan 04) for some months now and am delighted with it. The only complaint I have is the front seats are incredibly uncomfortable, after more than half an hour. The problem appears to be that they are too hard. Both my wife and I have the same complaint.

Is it possible to replace the seats from this car with another (comfier) set of seats and if so what focus would you recommend?

The seats have airbags in them - would this be a problem.

Other thoughts are to replace them with seats from a mondeo (although this has power for moving backwards and forwards). Would it be possible to replace the focus seats with mondeo seats?

Many thanks for all replies.

Weazil

Hi Weazil

Rather than the hassle of changing the seats, why don't you get them re-padded by a decent vehicle upholsterer?

A few years back, I owned a VW Golf VR6 and found that the drivers seat was extremely uncomfortable to sit in for any length of time as it felt too hard. On a recommendation, I took it to an upholsterer in Edinburgh (Jim Kelly), told him what I ideally wanted, left the car with him for the best part of a day, and he transformed it into a really comfy perch. From memory I think the total cost was around £50, and for that he removed the drivers seat, took it apart, replaced all the internal padding, adjusted the side bolsters, and then reassembled everything back into the car.

I've used Jim a further couple of times since then for various jobs, so can highly recommend him.

If you're not close to Edinburgh, I'm sure there will be a vehicle upholsterer listed in your local yellow pages, or ask around for any recommendations.

Hope this helps

Gordon :)