Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8 Tdci Poor Acceleration And Rattle.

jynxy

Hi all, have a 2005 1.8 TDCi estate.

On acceleration i seem to have major lag, as i wont get any boost till atleast 1800 rpm, by which point i want to change gear.

I have changed fuel filter, air filter, blocked egr. but made no difference.

i also have a ratlle blade sound at approx 2200 - 2300 rpm and a sucking noise when i stop acceleration which seems to slow that car down quicker for a second.

with this being my first diesel not sure on what i should be expecting.

Thanks for the help.

I can't comment on the noises but the turbo on my 2003 115ps 1.8TDCi kicks in around 1800-2000rpm. I think that's the norm for this engine.

mines a 2008 1.8 tdci 115ps, turbo's dont kick in until jusk under 2k as stated above..... why change then? driving like that dont do any good for the engine.... a diesel ment be driven hard, well in my case mine does anyway, maybe a little to hard lol...

The only noticable thing about blocking the egr is better pull off, no flat spots at low revs, and a very smooth rev range oh and cleaner inlet etc... as the gasses arnt forced back into the engine...... but in your case it sounds like you dont use the rev range.....

Just check the intercooler bend, first 1 the almost 90 degree angled bend where you would have blocked off the egr valve as these are prone to split......

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club