Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valeting My Focus

talksy

Hi,

I have owned my 59' Focus for just over 1 year and I have noticed that it does not smell as good inside now. I keep it immaculately clean and it even has its own rechargeable dyson hoover, but I have noticed that the interior just does not have the same fresh smell it once had.

When it went in for some major work (at a Ford dealership), it came back smelling really good and had been valeted.

What do they use when valeting which makes the car interior smell so good? They must coat all of the interior with something which soaks in.

Is it possible to get the same result from a local valeter or will I need to ask Ford next time I take it in for a service?

• Like 1

Hi,

I have owned my 59' Focus for just over 1 year and I have noticed that it does not smell as good inside now. I keep it immaculately clean and it even has its own rechargeable dyson hoover, but I have noticed that the interior just does not have the same fresh smell it once had.

When it went in for some major work (at a Ford dealership), it came back smelling really good and had been valeted.

What do they use when valeting which makes the car interior smell so good? They must coat all of the interior with something which soaks in.

Is it possible to get the same result from a local valeter or will I need to ask Ford next time I take it in for a service?

Getting a company to valley could cost you up to 60 pounds but for that price would include exterior tar removal and a proper wax,

May be worth it for winter, I've had mine done by the local crew a few times and they do a fantastic job,

Good option if you don't have the time and cheaper if you don't have all the various detailing products to do it yourself.

By if you're happy to undertake the job yourself then I highly recommend renting a rug doctor,

I've just used one today and yesterday on a 13 year old car interior with some fantastic results,

Check me out y'all

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47749-rug-doctor-review-cleanng-car-interior/

On another note,

A pollen filter can create a rotten egg type smell from your internal air vents,

If you ever get a smell like rotten eggs you know its time to have the pollen filter changed ;)

• Like 2