Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dont Neglect Your Service Interval 1.6 Tdci

neps

A scary sight to see , you can see how important regular servicing is , that engine is completely choked.

All the more reason to blank the egr, remove the internals on the dpf and have the oil feed pipe kit replaced at 150,000 km

• Like 2

Read alot about this problem before buying my last car, which is why I opted for the 1.8tdci focus. But on the plus side, the problem was sorted for the introduction of the new shape (mk7 2008 onwards) fiesta. There is alot of info on the internet regarding this issue, and as usual, at the time, FORD were playing dumb, and not listening to their customers. Even though they know there was a problem, otherwise, why would they have made changes ???

• Like 1

So is this only an issue without regular servicing - my engine has done 135000 miles but oil changed every year (or sooner), should I be worried?

Read alot about this problem before buying my last car, which is why I opted for the 1.8tdci focus. But on the plus side, the problem was sorted for the introduction of the new shape (mk7 2008 onwards) fiesta. There is alot of info on the internet regarding this issue, and as usual, at the time, FORD were playing dumb, and not listening to their customers. Even though they know there was a problem, otherwise, why would they have made changes ???

Are you sure the problem was corrected/revised in the 2008 models? What I read is that this is the problem with all DV4 and DV6 engines, to current date.

That's what is says on honest john website, and also a few other sites seem to point to a fix by 2008 ?

This is copied from the fiesta 'bad points' on the honest john website,,,, there is a lot more info, bit this is the important bit.........

16-1-2012: Turbo problem on 1.6TDCI/1.6HDI DV6 appears to be getting worse: Reader reports 1.6TDCI at 56,000 miles: "Car lost power plus growl/whine indicating turbo trouble - drove gently 3 miles to local garage where tech confirmed - pulled inlet rubber pipe and demonstrated wear in turbo bearings. He is quite clued up and knows a lot about this problem. There is a huge amount of evidence of similar cases in the Backroom forum and others, and there is clearly a serious problem affecting this engine. The cure is not just a new turbo, but new oil pipe, pump, pick-up, etc etc. Ford dealer prices for repairs are £1,200 for parts alone. There was a Ford TSB45/2008 about this. Newer engines (2008+) have modified parts. Apparently you can get a new turbo for £350 plus £120 for a "kit" of modified pipes/pick-up unions etc. from Transitpartsuk (International Parts Ltd) to fit next week. eBay supplier TransitpartsUK

Ah ok.

I will however do my Oilchanges every 8.000 km from now on, And during next service I will get the oil sump down to inspect it

It also seems like adding two stroke oil (1:200) in the diesel is helping to keep the engine clean. (cleaner combustion)

In that pdf the only revisions mentioned are sump and dipstick. This thread is cited as a reference for the oil servicing requirements from wikipedia on the engine.

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.5.110

There's a comment on there of the opinion that leaking injector seals cause carbonisation of the oil.

It was down to leaking injector seals apparently. But in theory, if you keep an eye on your engine it may be preventable. An injector would need to be leaking for quite a while before it starts to leave carbon deposits.... So at first it should be visibly wet, and time to get it looked at. This isn't a technical diagnosis, but my thought train in action lol. The problem may have been more in depth that what we are mentioning here. But I'm happy in the knowledge that the above review suggests revisions in parts, which must take into account the problems that were happening from 2002 all the way up to 2008.

My injectors are allready alittle wet around the holes down in the cylinder head. I gave it a good wash with degreaser and pressured steam. Then i drove for an hour, and i when I checked agian, there was light brown oil coloured moist around two of the injectors. No carbon or soot. only clean oil, or fuel (hard to tell)

Guess I will have to get this done asap.

Theres is only one way the injector can leak right? I thought the problem was exhaust gases leaking out in the oil. (not quite sure how the injectors have anything to do with oil) But mine seems to be leaking fuel out on the cylinder head surface.

Rightly or wrongly this is the full comment from the Citroen forum. Maybe checking and re-torquing the bolts as per the comment at the end will make a difference to your injector seals.

"Turbo failure associated with blocked oil feed on diesels are NOT caused by oil change issues. They are caused by leaking injector seals. These allow hot gas into the cam box and this carbonised the oil. These hard particles will block the turbo oil feed filter and the main sump strainer. A quick check for an impending problem can be done by removing the brake servo pump and checking its oil strainer. Any bits of carbon and you have a problem.

Often the injectors come loose over time and the problem can be cured by just tightening the bolts. Ford (same engine) recommend checking these bolts at certain intervals. Citroen don't!"

I posted a video a while back about the injector leaking problem, and it shows the offending loose bolts, mine was leaking, and I tried tightening the bolts and it worked for me :D ,,, it won't work in every case, but easy to try yourself first,,,, tighten the 2 securing bolts, DON'T OVER TIGHTEN,,, clean surrounding areas of all 'fuel' deposits, and take it for a spin. good luck.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club