Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

moodymoocow

No Central Locking Indicator Or Interior Light

4 posts in this topic

Last night went to go out in the car and noticed I couldn't open the car with the key so opened door with the key and then noticed there was no light so I automatically thought i'd left something on and drained the battery but the car started fine then I noticed I couldn't let my passengers in as both back doors are dead locked and the boot open button isn't working either :(

Took the car out but as soon as I got to the first junction this is when I noticed I had no idicators this is all I have noticed so far as it was late and couldn't really look at much else this morning I've checked the fuses and they are all ok am at a total loss here and I really need the car for work tomorrow morning could anyone point me in the direction of where I should be looking?

I have removed the central locking unit now don't know if this is valid but considering the cars not been turned on the unit is pretty warm i'll leve it for an hour and plug it back in see how it goes

Just incase anyone comes across this post in search of an answer to a similar problem it was indeed the central locking GEM it drained the battery on the car was told it was a ford job but I ordered another GEM with the same serial number from good old ebay for £13 plugged it in and it worked reprogrammed the key and everythings working as it should!

Excellent job Heather, sorry no-one was able to reply to you, but very glad you got it resolved!