Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2007 Style Starting Problems

Jeff7

Hi all, need help to establish what the problem may be with my ford.

Car turns over ok and attempts to fire, revs pick up and then dies... Tried again and same thing happens.

Wait around 3 minutes then try again ... starts up fine and car runs ok .

This is happening everytime i wish to start the car, but it eventually starts ok. Garage cannot locate initial problem but suggested just wait until is packs in altogether.

It is frustrating and sorry if not enough information,but if it sound familiar to anyone your help is appreciated.

Thanks

do you have the trip computer? or do you have a code reader?

That will be able to point us in the correct direction...

When was it last serviced and what is the mileage?

Could be something simple like a fuel filter, old spark plugs, air filter etc.

Ford focus 2007 style... Petrol engine last serviced Feb this year, new plugs air filter etc. 80,000 miles and understand this model doesnt have a fuel Filter ( not 100% sure though ) Fuel pump kicks in ok.

put the key into the ignition, press and hold the trip computer "reset" button (don't let go), turn your car onto electrics and continue to hold reset.

This should put you into diagnostic mode. Now, press and release the reset button to cycle through and you will find "DTC" which will hopefully show no errors, or it should show some error codes. Make a note of these and provide them to us

All modern cars (as far as I know) have a fuel filter of some form, I am sure that your car definately has one.

Is it the last of the MKII Focus' or is it a MK 2.5?

Thanks for the help so far: Did the trip computer thing and DTC showed #00 No Errors.... Not sure if this model is MK11 or MK 2.5

Believe the fuel Filter is a lifetime one situated in the fuel tank

Is the instrument cluster orange or green ? DTC normally generates codes when there's a sensor failure but mechanical like a split pipe or tube don't show these errors. Even the DTC in the trip computer doesn't always reflect the content of the ECU.

Can anyone else shed some light on this problem? I am not mechanically minded so any help will be appreciated..