Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Badge Light

leesheffield1
聽Share

Hi all. I have just purchased a red one of these from fleebay for 20 quid and intend fitting it to the rear of my car. I want to connect it to the number plate connection so as it comes on when they are on. (I tend to have my lights on in daytime anyway as I have led side lights and like the look) 馃槂. I have read a post which had the original badge over a backlit surround but I prefer the look of this if I'm honest. Anyone got any ideas how easy/ hard it may be to connect to the number plate bulbs or any issues I could have with removing the original badge? As soon as I get it and start fitting I will update. Cheers as always for any help. Lee post-46466-0-98547900-1379881589_thumb.j

Hi all. I have just purchased a red one of these from fleebay for 20 quid and intend fitting it to the rear of my car. I want to connect it to the number plate connection so as it comes on when they are on. (I tend to have my lights on in daytime anyway as I have led side lights and like the look) . I have read a post which had the original badge over a backlit surround but I prefer the look of this if I'm honest. Anyone got any ideas how easy/ hard it may be to connect to the number plate bulbs or any issues I could have with removing the original badge? As soon as I get it and start fitting I will update. Cheers as always for any help. Lee attachicon.gifimage.jpg

See guide in the list below this post,

You will need a Dremil to cut out the old badge,

See guide in the list below this post,

You will need a Dremil to cut out the old badge,

Thanks Lenny but I don't think it is exactly the same as I'm your guide that is the one I read originally. This one is a complete unit that lights up even the ford writing. I believe the one you had is the one that lights up around the sides of the badge which you remove and replace. Will I still need a dremmell to remove the badge as it is a complete replacement unit.

I'm on my phone at minute but when I get logged in to a comp I will put one on.

My mare has one of these after looking the only proper way to fit it was to take the boot handle off and drill into it to feed the wiring through and wire it to the sidelights he wasnt keen on drilling it however he went ahead eventually the badge fell off the led heat unbonds the glue and someone ripped it off they arent technically illegal but he did get pulled a lot and they are very bright

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny but I don't think it is exactly the same as I'm your guide that is the one I read originally. This one is a complete unit that lights up even the ford writing. I believe the one you had is the one that lights up around the sides of the badge which you remove and replace. Will I still need a dremmell to remove the badge as it is a complete replacement unit.

Its not exactly the same no

But the principal of routing the cable and removing the panel would help you 90% of the way there mate.

You are better off with the surround than this. I replaced my surround version with this and within 2 months the paint bubbled up and peeled off. It's up to you but just letting you know what will happen with it.

To be honest guys,

I've returned mine back to standard aswell,

I had the back light version,

I had to go to hospital when fitting due to using a syringe and screwdriver,

I had some bathroom clear silicone in an ink cartridge filling syringe,

The plunger broke under pressure,

So I decided to push using the screwdriver to force out the silicone,

In order to seal around the led surround,

The screwdriver slipped through the syringe and straight in to my hand lol

Over the months algae set in and the led stopped,

I managed to pick up a replacement panel from Denmark in moon dust silver to directly replace.

I still have the cut out silver one,

If anyone is considering debadge instead,

The could fill the badge section across, but t would require some inside filling due to two bolts missing.

IMG_20130907_193038_zpsad6aad8f.jpg

IMG_20130907_192932_zps6f90e02d.jpg

Ouch sore one mate ive removed the mist jets as well and sold the rear badge i was going to do mainly as my mates badge fell off after all the hassle to fit it even before then the heat had started to deform the badge and the mist jets got on my nerves they just never sprayed where i wanted them to and the glue blob lasted till winter when it came off there was no chance of redoing the glue in minus 10 cold and snow so i got rid and went back to the good old ones that i can adjust but some mods never work out thats the way it is same with led sidelights sick of people asking why they keep blowing on there cars i get the same effect from good old diamond white wedges and they dont blow or frazzle out

• Like 1

In all the time , i had the focus , the LED rear light worked perfectly , absolutly no heat from it what so ever.

regarding the OP post.

If you worried about it being to bright , fit a relay and resister , Dim down through the relay one side to reduce the brightness and then connect a straight through via the relay and connect to the brake feed , so it will act as a low glow and also a brake light controlled via the relay.

• Like 1

My badge light is still working perfectly after about a year and a bit.

If you use them as pary of the brake light circuit rather than a permanent light they should last and produce very little heat.

Only thing I've found is the clear plastic has yellowed very slightly but does not affect functionality at all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club