Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

shamus1

Noise In Boot

11 posts in this topic

is there a common rattle noise in the boot on the mk 2 as I have looked everywhere and cant pinpoint it,sounds like parcel shelf rattle but its not ?

Have you checked the boot lid itself closes tight as the catch could be rattling against the lock. Alternatively the jack in the spare wheel well may be loose.

shamus1 likes this

thanks for reply,checked jack that's fine will have a look at boot lock,many thanks.

Bit of a drag up but check the heatshield underneath the boot, near your exhaust.

I have a rattle on mine when I closed the boot/driving along and it's a loose heat shield around the back box.

Let the missus out lol

Let the missus out lol

not a chance.

rear mounts

where?

On the old mk1's the actual boot catch used to wear down after a few years and therefore create a rattle within the mechanism. This could be solved by either changing the catch (held in by a couple of torx screws IIRC) or temporarily by bulking out the catch with insulation tape or something similar (until it wears through). Not sure if the same thing happens on the MK2 also?

rear shocker mounts.(the tops). my mondeo's are needing done.cant be arsed though as tracking etc will be off & im not paying another £90 to get it done again.

for anyone whom it may affect, I have noticed that in my boot lid, where it has previously been removed with little care, the metal clips that lock it in place can come loose, and can rattle around in the boot trim.

I found this a while ago, but as this thread references noise in the boot, I thought it may be a suitable location to mention in case its any use!