jamesm182

Management

• Admin
  • 1,298 posts
  • Name: James
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

That's exactly it mate...which is why I was tentative to put up the price! I have sourced one on ebay but he won't split from the pod, so I'm thinking I'll get the pod I have up for sale and see how much of a hit I take on that and decide then if it's worth going for the complete one from the breakers.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Right, seems the boost pod is on the back burner until I can source the plastic base part that it sits into...

I've been speaking with Tezza and he has gotten me part nos and prices for the associated parts (thanks mate, much appreciated!) so I thought I'd share on here in case anyone else is interested;

"Right the base part to the pod is only fitted to the ST/RS and is a expensive part :(

1435825 @ £189.94 inc vat

The part number for the storage pocket is 1543076 @ £219.53 (dont come with lid) the lid is 1519315 @ £47.77 inc vat"

Gobsmacked at these prices for a few pieces of plastic! I know from experience that dealer prices can be a bit scandalous at times, but even I am shocked at that!

Anyway, I've just read a post about the lid being fixed using a replacement 'push to open' clip used to repair pop-open bins and that (http://www.ebay.co.u...5531515&afsrc=1) , so think that's my play at the minute whilst I decide between hunting down the base part for the ST pod, or just selling on the pod I've already bought.

You don't have to spend all that money to have a boost gauge fitted to your car - thee are alternatives or you can even make something up yourself  

#18 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

You don't have to spend all that money to have a boost gauge fitted to your car - thee are alternatives or you can even make something up yourself  

Totally know what you're saying mate...worst thing is though mate, the aim of this project isn't even to fit working gauges!

There is no way to do a plug and play fitment of the ST gauges as they are ECU controlled. There's a cracking guide on here from a guy who fitted functioning aftermarket gauges in behind the original faceplate of the ST pod on his TDCi, so it looks like the originals are working, but they are actually completely independent gauges.

My aim though is purely for aesthetics at the minute... Because my dash pocket has broke, and it doesn't see much use anyway, I saw it as an excuse to fit the ST gauges, purely for looks as they can't be wired up. Further down the line I was gonna look into a working solution;

• either something like the guide I mentioned above,
  • something like Lenny's guide where he fitted two aftermarket gauges into the pod in place of the 3 ST gauges,
  • something like James had done in fitting a ScangaugeII,
  • or something like Preee has done and use a cheap android device with Torque app and OBDII bluetooth connection to give a digital type display with lots more info on the screen.

But all using the ST boost pod as an OEM-looking housing.

But basically, that was all further down the line and the initial fitting of the pod was purely for looks as a dummy. Hence why it makes even less sense to spend much on it!

By the way, re the prices above, that's just for the plastic base part...I think the gauges themselves cost about £600-700, and not even sure if that's just the clocks or if the pod housing is included with them! :blink:

#19 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Gary

i'm thinking of getting this: http://www.misco.co....g-and-Earphones

and thinking of using it with the torque app and making a custom holder for it. shame its in white, i did find a black version but that does not have bluetooth?

also not sure if the obd adapter will connect straight into this - saves faffing around with bluetooth

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users