Do Not Sell My Personal Information

55 Plate Ford Focus Bought

naglefocus

Just bought a second hand 55 plate ford focus. I think there are some bits missing. With the cigarette lighter should there be a lighter in it?! I assume so. Also is there anything that should be covering the hole to the left.

Also in the passenger footwell this is on show. Should there b a coverover this?

Also under passenger chair Ive noticed this metal rusting - should I say to them about it? Is it safe - think its just rust - could I paint it with something?

Thanks in advance

post-46718-0-09263900-1380114564_thumb.j

post-46718-0-01792000-1380114566_thumb.j

post-46718-0-83614600-1380114568_thumb.j

yes the lighter or 12v socket will either be missing a small 12 v cap that covers it or the lighter depends what you have as for the fuse box its missing a faom cover that fits under the fuse box and hides it all very difficult to find though and the seat needs some kurust painted on then paint it with a black gloss though it does look a lot of rust so either the old owner got it wet a lot or under the driver carpet there may be water from a leak most common is the aircon drain on the drivers side pull the flap in the carpet up next to the door and feel under neath

Looks like your missing the ashtray, the 'lighter' the 'kick cover' for the fusebox, and perhaps even some trim from the last picture?

• Like 1

yes the lighter or 12v socket will either be missing a small 12 v cap that covers it or the lighter depends what you have as for the fuse box its missing a faom cover that fits under the fuse box and hides it all very difficult to find though and the seat needs some kurust painted on then paint it with a black gloss though it does look a lot of rust so either the old owner got it wet a lot or under the driver carpet there may be water from a leak most common is the aircon drain on the drivers side pull the flap in the carpet up next to the door and feel under neath

The rust is on the passenger side not on the driver side. Could this still be from the aircon drain?

not on the pass side no have a feel under the carpets to be sure it could be from wet feet though it is pretty rusty ive seen the odd spot but not quite that much the 12v cover is like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-12v-Outlet-Socket-Blank-Cover-Cap-/121076932907?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c30bf612b

cant find the panel for under the fusebox as i said hard to come by

and for the rust http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-Cut-Rust-Magic-Car-Rust-Remover-Repair-Pen-10ml-Cures-Rust-rpd010-/271023884938?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3f1a484a8a

The ashtray is fitted so I'd assume it was also originally fitted with a lighter as well rather than a 12V cover as part of the 'smoker's pack', but you could replace with either you prefer/need.

I don't think I have a fusebox cover, would imagine it would just get in the way when accessing it anyway. In the pic though, judging by that black twist-screw, it's not clipped up properly, so is maybe hanging down a bit and getting in the way of front passengers' feet more than it should.

as for the rust, I have the same on my 55 plate on both sides I think, just where the seat runners are fixed. Only time I ever pay any heed to it is when I clean/hoover the interior and always tell myself I should tidy it up with a bit of black hammerite or similar, but still haven't got round to it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club