Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Problem With My 98 Ford Mondeo Ghia X Estate

madman23

Hi im new to this. im just after a bit of advise as i have just got a 1998 ford mondeo estate. drove it home last night and was fine. started driving it today and noticed that the temperature gauge was going up to the letter A then cools down a bit then goes back up. Just need adise on what it could be. I'm hoping its nothing major :(

Could be q duff thermostat or blocked pipe, are the hoses and pipes equally hot in the engine bay...

sounds to me like a possible air-lock. might be worth seeing if it is,before buying a new thermostat & cap.

go with Bruce on this one, the cap is the cheapest fix, and one I should have remembered, a new cap is a few quid, a thermo and housing isnt!

the pipes are warm and even. drove it last night and started to get quiet warm in traffic as soon as i started driving and kept the revs below 2000rpm it started to cool right down to almost cold. as soon as i go above 2000rpm it starts getting warm again. im just hoping its not hg. thank u for the replies

ok ill get it changed asap..

I have another question but don't know where to post it lol

Post it to the appropriate forum :p

so if its a mondeo question, post it in the mondeo section, if its a general question not specifically to the mondeo, the general Ford, or if its naff all to do with cars, the general chat :p