Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Missing A Part Behind The Inner Guards?

rodriguez

Took the inner guards to do some undersealing and noticed there's a panel on the passenger wing I've highlighted in red and none on the drivers side wing, am I missing a part.

Photo0137a_zps5f71d6d7.jpg

Photo0136a_zps05b5b624.jpg

Yes you are missing the arch liner, you shouldn't be able to see the power steering reservoir

Yes you are missing the arch liner, you shouldn't be able to see the power steering reservoir

I think I have that OK, it's a large piece of plastic with a cut out for the strut, I referred to it as the inner guard.

I was wondering if there was another piece of trim which sat between it and the resevoir like the one for the passenger side I've marked in red.

Sorry I have completely misread your post. From what I can tenner last time I had to remove the inner guard on the driver side it was just one piece.

Hopefully one of the focus guys will be able to give you an exact answer soon

Thanks for you help fellas.

I thought it was really odd that they'd put a panel on one side and not the other.

Well that's Ford for you.

the passenger side panel is actually an air deflector the large box is the air intake behind that panel is the air intake funnel the plastic panel does 2 things prevents water and debris being sucked into the funnel and as you drive air is forced through the front bumper and to the right hand side dam and up to that funnel the plastic deflects the air back towards the funnel basically a cold air intake