Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Richard220181

Diesel Injector

7 posts in this topic

Hi can anyone please help I have a 2007 1.6 tdci focus its the 110 bhp model with the duratorq engine I have a leak from my number 4 injector I have been told the seals are easy to change but im worried if I do will the injector need re programming if I put the original one back in with a new seal?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this look forward to a reply.

If its just the seals then i don't see why the injectors would need re-programming

As long as you replace nothing more than the seal and dont knock the spacing out on the plug you should be fine.

Just a thought before you go down the route of changing the seals,,, try tightening the 2 bolts that hold the injector in place,,, mine was leaking and by tightening these it fixed the problem,,, doesn't work in every case, but worth a try. Read on the internet somewhere that ford actually recommend checking these bolts from time to time. So deffo worth a look.

Ok will do thanks for the feedback.

if you do remove the injector be carefull to remove and replace the copper washer at the base. It doesnt always come out with the injector, I used a piece of copper wire to hook it out. The injector wont need recoding.

Also make sure you grip the link nut with another spanner so as to not spin this out as this will effect the calibration.

As with all injector/fuel repairs make sure you clean around the area first and cover all inlets and outlets to avoid contamination.

Just had a similar issue with the wifes focus caused by egr cleaner and a leaky seal which I ended up changing all 4 injectors and having to recode them to the PCM!

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I've just bought some 110 injectors and I need those seals and copper washers, Does anyone have links to them online or any ford Finis codes? Thanks, Jamie