Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Delays

AndrewMorgan

First post here.

I ordered a Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost 100 with a dress up kit on June 4th this year and was given an initial delivery date of the 1st September. When this date rolled around the car was delayed until the 27th September. Now I've just been told that the car has been delayed AGAIN until the 18th October! When I asked why they said that the EcoBoost engine may not be fit for purpose so Ford has recalled a batch of new cars for testing, which to me sounds a little suspicious.

Anyone else experienced such delays when ordering a new car?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew

I ordered my car same time as you and collected 3rd September.

I have the titanium x 1.0 (125 engine)

I have not yet gad a recall notice.

If I do I will let you know

Steve

Cheers Steve.

Crazy how you ordered yours the same time and already taken delivery. I'll have to keep on to them I think

• Like 1

Mine is also in candy blue with the upgrade alloys, so should have taken longer,

Hope you get yours soon.

Can't see nothing on any fiesta recalls

Let us know how you get on

ordered 1 july delivered 16 sep titanium 1.0 .125ps.I have had no reports about engine problems runs like a dream

Ordered my zetec s on at the beginning of July got it last week of July and it had 17 inch alloys and privacy glass and they had to make it it wasn't want off the forecourt

I ordered my car on the 18th of August and I'm going to pick it up today (could have had it earlier in the week though).

Ordered it with 17" wheels, privacy glass, auto lights/wipers, city pack, DAB and spare wheel.

This was a factory order taking 5 weeks from order to delivery so it shouldn't be taking anyting like the time you've had to wait!

I think you better read the riot act to the dealer and ask for some compo,, Next 2services free for a start

I ordered my car 23rd of may and it arrived on 19th of august....I work in a ford garage...so as an employee I had too wait around 12 weeks

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I spoke with Ford today and their trying to resolve as soon as possible, so hopefully I'll get my car next week!

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I spoke with Ford today and their trying to resolve as soon as possible, so hopefully I'll get my car next week!

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew,

I am in the same boat, i ordered my partners fiesta on 20th July and i am still waiting!!

10 weeks so far, i was told it was coming this week, but now its next week, so its looking like 11-12 weeks in total.

Apparently the fiesta factory in cologne is closed from 15th July for a month and reopens on 15th august....hence the delays.

I ordered a Fiesta Titanium in Frozen white 1.0T 125bhp with....

1. Driver Assitance pack

2. Spare wheel

3. 17" alloys

4. Full Dress Up kit

5. Rear view Camera

Also bought the following ready to fit.

1. Boot liner

2. LEDs for number plate

3. K&N Air filter element

4. Wind Deflectors

5. New style KUGA Titanium badge

Not sure my case is much help as ordered mine and collected within a week. Told me it was taken from stock. The standard panther black zetec 1.0 100ps ecoboost was not in stock but offered me one with pureguard, privacy glass and wheel upgrade out of stock for £200 extra so took it (and glad I did!). Suspect it may have been used as demo as had 67 miles no clock when collected? (would explain why I had it so quick?) seems odd but dealer claims not.

No probs with engine though so far. :unsure:

Your car has probably been driven from ine branch too another using trade playes hence the milage....as for delays...the dealer cant doo anything its too do with the transporters and shipping...because they come from germany the shipping delays are unreal! There is thousands upon thousands of cars constantly getting shipped every week soo the cars sit and wait in a compound in a que untill they get there turn on the ship over too britain

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update...

Still waiting! Was supposed to be delivered tomorrow but another week has been added on due to 'transport issues'. Sick of waiting now!

Also when I pressed Ford, there was no 'engine problems' and the delay was due to the dress up kit being fitted, however I'm not sure how true that is!

Hopefully not long now!

Andrew