Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Mk4 Alarm Problems!

GregMk4

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeat but I can't find any other posts relating to my issue.

Car: Mk4 Fiesta lx 1998

Background:

I stupidly left the side lights on whilst in work. Obviously when I went to drive it after work the battery was completely dead. I bump started the car and as soon as it started the alarm went off (horn in off-side boot?) and the hazards were flashing.

They eventually stopped but now every time I open a door or turn the ignition the whole alarm process starts all over again. There is no alarm button on my key and the radio is now asking for a code, Is the radio code linked to shutting down the radio or something? There isn't any reference to a code in any paperwork that came with the car and I don't have any radio removal keys.

Can anyone advise me on what I can do since I need to get to work in the morning and as it's my first week on the job, I obviously don't want to take any time off to take the car to the garage. I've heard about disconnecting the horn in the boot but I don't know what it looks like or how to get to it.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Take a look in the manual reguarding reseting the key's to the car it may be the problem.

As for the radio you will need a code from Ford.

If you can pop out the radio, you may be lucky and a previous owner might have put the code on the paper label on the top of the radio case.

If not, and you have the owners manual it may well be in there.

Thanks guys but the car didn't come with the manual and I have no keys to remove the radio :(