Do Not Sell My Personal Information

electronic hand brake

delboy

i have just got a fosus c-max 1.8 ghia petrol manual.

i can't seem to do a hand brake start on a hill as the

h brake is electronic.

i push in the clutch pedal in the the accellerator then lift the clutch to

get a bite then when i am ready i try to release the h brake but it won't always do it

any ideas guys

h brake is electronic.

get a bite then when i am ready i try to release the h brake but it won't always do it

any ideas guys

I have similar problem with mine.....the only way i can get it to release sometimes is to dab the foot brake which lets it off, but that doesn't help on hillstarts as you need your right foot on the accelerator!! It does release sometimes with the lever on hillstarts but only sometimes, there must be a knack to it. I once got stuck on a single track lane with cars waiting in both directions and couldn't get the bl**dy thing to release, until i realised you just pressed the footbrake........very embarrasing, did a John Cleese on it later :-)

thank's m8 for the reply

it's not just me that's a muppet then so the wife say's

i thourght ford cars with electronic hanbrakes came with Hill Start Assist (HSA). This prevents you from rolling backwards when making a hill start. After releasing the brake pedal when stationary, HSA keeps the wheels braked, leaving you enough time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator without the car moving. this can be switched on or off check your handbook.

i thourght ford cars with electronic hanbrakes came with Hill Start Assist (HSA). This prevents you from rolling backwards when making a hill start. After releasing the brake pedal when stationary, HSA keeps the wheels braked, leaving you enough time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator without the car moving. this can be switched on or off check your handbook.

Hi,

Mine doesn't, but it is an 04 plate, it might be a feature on the newer ones? All my manual says is 'Press the brake or clutch pedal and press down the switch to release the Electric Parking Brake'

yes you do need to put your foot onto the foot brake to release the electronic park brake...not the answer you were hoping for iam sure :rolleyes:

my c-max is a 2004 aswell so no hsa ?

• 2 months later...

I'ts all a matter of timing with the EPB, you don't need to press the brake pedal to release it for hill starts or any start, just press the clutch pedal right down and it releases th EPB and it does give you enough time to hear the brake go off, release the clutch,then just accelerate as normalbut you do need to practice a bit to build up confidence in the system. I was wary at first also.

• 3 weeks later...

h brake is electronic.

any ideas guys

the problem with the EPB is you need the clutch pedal down far enough for it to activate the clutch pedal switch. as it will not release unless the brake or clutch pedal are pressed

the problem with the EPB is you need the clutch pedal down far enough for it to activate the clutch pedal switch. as it will not release unless the brake or clutch pedal are pressed

hi bob i did gather that you need either brake or clutch pedal down to release the hand brake.

the problem is on a steep hill start as it's a real bugger to do without rolling back as i

find peeps stop right up2 my bumper so it don't

give me much room to roll back when getting her to move

if you get my meaning

i have got the hang of it now but it took a time

thank's for your help m8

h brake is electronic.

any ideas guys

I am asking this one right now on my physics prof. He's been telling me to see my mechanic though. He seems to know something but didn't bother to tell me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club