Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Noise While Moving?

Solaris

Yesterday I noticed squeaking noises coming from what I'd assume where my wheels while I was driving. It was most noticeable when at slower speeds and sometimes would be extremely loud. After applying the brakes very hard a few times in a row, it seemed to go away. Today it's started again, once again if I apply the brakes very hard it seems to stop for a bit but then comes back. Does anyone have any theories of what this could be?

Does your car stand for any length of time? Could be rusty brake discs, when you use the brakes it clears the rust off.

Yes it has been lately due to me being out of work. But is that something that would be making squeaking noises while the brakes are not applied? Also the noise appears to go away for a short time when i press the brakes down hard standing still. Would this still remove rust?

The brake pads sit close to the disc when your not pressing the brake pedal and they do move in the caliper so you could have a pad rubbing the disc.

After driving around a bit today I've noticed the squeaking/squealing noise seems to be coming when I'm turning right, even slightly. When turning back even slightly left it appears to stop.

I should also add after further testing that this doesn't appear to happen when first taking off. Driven around the block a couple of times and no sign of it.

After buckling a front alloy wheel ive got a similar problem, think a bit of damage has been done to the disc or hub. Squeels when i turn right and under mild braking. It stops the harder i brake.

Have you banged a wheel against a curb or anything recently?

No I've definitely not hit any curbs or pot holes recently.

Check trailing arm bushes and other rubber bushes as they tend to squeak when they feel like. I had the same problem on my mondeo which stopped an started squeaking when it felt like, not all the time, its really annoyed me untill I figured out where the squeaking noise was coming from.

Hope this helps mate.

• 2 weeks later...

A further update to my squeaking situation. While I haven't used the car much over the past week or so when I do it continues to make a squeaking noise, but it appears it only starts after about 10 minutes of driving, it doesn't happen straight away, and then when stopping for a few minutes and starting again it's gone, only to return after a few minutes driving again. This is making it very difficult for me to diagnose where it's coming from.

Another thing I've noticed is when it's making the noise, pointing the wheel right, even fractionally makes the squeaking noise, having it dead straight or to the left doesn't appear to make any noise.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

• 4 years later...

I had same fault and symptoms (Squeaking/squealing noise seems to be coming when I'm turning right on the steering wheel, even slightly. When turning back even slightly left it appears to stop). There is a nut at each of the suspension lower ball joints, located behind each wheel. One of the nuts was turned the wrong way, touching the wheel plate. Definitely not the wheel bearing as this fault creates high pitch screeching. Wheel bearing is low pitch whining noises.

Sounds like the power steering belt is a tad loose,I have a similar issue with a pulley bearing crank end cover I believe there is a bearing there which is making the squealing nosies ,have you herd of this senareo 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club