Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Noise Every Few Minutes

Ddiddles1

Hello I have a c-max zetec 05 reg and it is driving me crazy, when I start the car I get the usual noise as the car checks it self but then after that I get a similar warning noise every few minutes. Nothing is lit up on the dash board and the car is driving fine with no other noises. The only other problem I have is that the boot lock sometimes sticks could this be related. Also I came back from holiday drove the car for two hours before noise started again. Any ideas I would be of a great help.

Hi Ellissa,

if you get no warning on screen, then it could be that you are having issues with the boot lock. It sounds like you probably need to replace the boot lock switch anyway (recently done myself, its not too difficult) but you need to be handy with a soldering iron.

Alternatively, the error could be a short out somewhere, but if you suspect your boot is a problem, you probably are best sorting this first before progressing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club