Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Lining Ruined...

Incontro

Hi all,

A few days ago, my boot lining/cover got ruined by some spilt drain unblocker. Nasty stuff...

The funny thing is, I didn't even touch/open it after I bought it from the supermarket. :censored:

I was greeted by the putrid, toxic smell of it this morning when I went to the car.

I tried to shampoo it out, but it doesn't help (this stuff is damn strong it seems) - so I need to get the boot lining replaced.

Could someone more knowledgeable about this than me pls let me know the part #, and how much it would likely cost to get replaced at a ford dealer?

Cheers.

Hi all,

A few days ago, my boot lining/cover got ruined by some spilt drain unblocker. Nasty stuff...

The funny thing is, I didn't even touch/open it after I bought it from the supermarket. :censored:

I was greeted by the putrid, toxic smell of it this morning when I went to the car.

I tried to shampoo it out, but it doesn't help (this stuff is damn strong it seems) - so I need to get the boot lining replaced.

Could someone more knowledgeable about this than me pls let me know the part #, and how much it would likely cost to get replaced at a ford dealer?

Cheers.

Your looking at around 120 pounds from ford last time I checked mate,

I too was looking for a boot carpet from ford because I had the full size spare kit fitted which has a smaller carpet top compared to the space saver one.

You could always try rug doctor on your existing one

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47749-rug-doctor-review-cleanng-car-interior/

• Like 1

Your looking at around 120 pounds from ford last time I checked mate,

I too was looking for a boot carpet from ford because I had the full size spare kit fitted which has a smaller carpet top compared to the space saver one.

You could always try rug doctor on your existing one

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47749-rug-doctor-review-cleanng-car-interior/

Wow, thats quite pricey... do you happen to know the part #?

Not sure if the rug doctor would get rid of it completely, the drain cleaner is corrosive AFAIK, anyway, won't be me paying for the replacement liner...

Will use the rug doctor as a last resort (if I can't get reimbursed for the liner), & next time when I need the seats cleaned mate. Seems really good.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Wow, thats quite pricey... do you happen to know the part #?

Not sure if the rug doctor would get rid of it completely, the drain cleaner is corrosive AFAIK, anyway, won't be me paying for the replacement liner...

Will use the rug doctor as a last resort (if I can't get reimbursed for the liner), & next time when I need the seats cleaned mate. Seems really good.

Cheers.

Not got a part number sorry mate,

Might be on a label on the under side of the mat or Clive might be able to provide it to you from the e-cat system

Give me model, registration year and whether you carry a spacesaver or full size spare wheel and I'll have a dig for you.

• Like 1

Not got a part number sorry mate,

Might be on a label on the under side of the mat or Clive might be able to provide it to you from the e-cat system

K, no problem, thanks.

Give me model, registration year and whether you carry a spacesaver or full size spare wheel and I'll have a dig for you.

Focus Zetec, 59 Plate, 1.6 Petrol, 4F27E transmission.

Not sure if its the space saver of full size tbh, it says "less underfloor stowage no.2" on ETIS.

Does that help at all mate?

cheers.

• Like 1

Not sure if its the space saver of full size tbh, it says "less underfloor stowage no.2" on ETIS.

Does that help at all mate?

cheers.

When you lift the carpet up,

Is there compartments around the tyre or is it just the car floor surrounding the spare?

The full size spare has compartments around the wheel

When you lift the carpet up,

Is there compartments around the tyre or is it just the car floor surrounding the spare?

The full size spare has compartments around the wheel

Not sure, will have to check this tomorrow...

Will post answer tomorrow, if I can remember.

This is a full size spare kit,

If it doesn't look like this then its a space saver you have mate

Image0995.jpg

Image0994.jpg

Image0998.jpg

Not sure, will have to check this tomorrow...

Will post answer tomorrow, if I can remember.

Send me your registration by personal message and I'll be able to get your VIN and should be able to sort it out for you.

• Like 2

Sorry but am i missing something,i have just searched 2009 focus boot carpet on eBay and there is a page of them priced quite reasonably too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.X2009+ford+focus+boot+carpet&_nkw=2009+ford+focus+boot+carpet&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Sorry but am i missing something,i have just searched 2009 focus boot carpet on Ebay and there is a page of them priced quite reasonably too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.X2009+ford+focus+boot+carpet&_nkw=2009+ford+focus+boot+carpet&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Yes that's the price from eBay not the price from ford ;)

And if you read the description on most you will see they are designed to sit on top of the original carpet because they don't have a solid centre section to bridge over the tyre well section.

If you find one that is the same as a ford one but cheaper please link me too because I'd like to purchase one aswell.

I'm pretty sure that all Focus late 2007 onwards (MK2.5 / facelift model) come with the spacesaver as standard (unless a full size is requested as an option on first purchase).

To that end this should do the job-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-FACELIFT-BOOT-CARPET-2005-2012-/110996927802?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d7eeb53a

• Like 1

Send me your registration by personal message and I'll be able to get your VIN and should be able to sort it out for you.

Thanks mate, PM sent.

alternately you can get some thin board similar one on car & re fabricate it under this eBay one ,it doesnt matter underneath to what or how it looks , using carpet adhesive spray which you can get from carpet place. as long as it does the job.

yunii

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club