Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.5 Td Econetic
  • Year: 2013

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

He said our car had a cat converter, he checked our reg with Ford, he also said that the Ford Focus does have a Dpf, i would hope he is not telling me porky`s. He also said that the fan going full blast even when the car was turned off and locked was the engine management lowering the temp inside the engine compartment and can go for up to 15 mins to cool it. He said as our car does not have a Dpf if our car does the no rev thing again to take it straight in and they will sort it. Our dealer by the way is Hendy Ford.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DieselPig

DieselPig

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

From what your being told I would say the dealer is not fit for purpose!

#18 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

I agree with you, i have done some reading up on the net and it seams as our car must have one. I think i will ring another branch and see what they say. The chap told me he checked with the workshop boss and with Ford. Think i will have a good look through the manual and see if there is any reference to it also.

#19 Jake90087

Jake90087

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Name: Jake
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MKV 1.25 Freestyle
  • Year: 2002

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Seeing as you're in Hampshire I would say take the car to Gowrings Ford in Newbury. They may be a bit of a drive but I know a senior mechanic there and they should be able to sort you just fine. What dealer do you use now?

#20 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I phoned another branch of Hendy Ford and they say they cant tell me if our car has a Dpf!, it looks to me like they think there maybe a problem with it but dont want to have to deal with it. I also emailed Ford but they have not answered yet. Some times when i start the car up there is a warning sound goes off, it happens about one out of ten starts but there is no warning light, it is not the seatbelt alarm because that has a light on the dash. THIS REALLY SUCKS. To be fair to Hendys they have said that if it does the no rev thing to book it in so they can have a look but i think they should have done that when i first phoned them about it and then the fault codes would not of been cleared and this would have been sorted.

#21 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Found a dealer in Verwood that knows his stuff, told him problems i had and straight away he said with the fan going funny ect it could of been doing a regen, he also said my car would have a Dpf and got the parts list up and comfirmed that it has got one, i am not sure why Hendys could not of done that. So a big thank you to Richard of Verwood Ford.

#22 Jake90087

Jake90087

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Name: Jake
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MKV 1.25 Freestyle
  • Year: 2002

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

That is great to hear. Hopefully they can fix all of your problems and make your can run as it should!

#23 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I am sure they will, thank all of you for your help with this. I do really like the car, its panther black metallic and allthough that is really hard to keep it looking clean i think when we get another new one i would still get the black.

#24 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

The car has Dimondbrite coating on it and i went and bought a new leather to dry it but it left marks on the car then i got a microfibre drying towel and it comes up great with that, just got to find the best way of cleaning the back of the alloy wheels!

#25 Derv

Derv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta & Mondeo

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

This vehicle does have a DPF. But if it was a DPF problem which I dont think it is, a warning light would appear on the dash.

#26 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the reply Derv, the dealer in Verwood has said the same as you, he said that the fan going mad could be it trying to regen but the rev thing could be an electrical fault. I have to wait and if it does the rev thing get it straight in so they can get the fault codes if present, if not they will go through the electrics. Ford contacted me today and said they will monitor the situation and make sure its sorted. The dealer in Verwood after i told him that sometimes when the fan goes mad you get a slight smell of burning rubber said it was more than likley it trying to regen.

#27 DragonSiw

DragonSiw

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Siw
  • Ford Model: 2009 Ford Fusion 1.4 diesel
  • Year: 2009

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hi there !

I would choose diesel over petrol with a third more miles to the gallon overnthe similar petrol unit.!

It does sound like you have a Friday car. Take it back and go straight to head office, Take no prisoners as they say. Fords are in general brilliant cars but.... You see Ive got a Fusion which I bought at three years old after being ex-mobility. Yes we have problems still with the dash lights lighting up after the whole thing is locked down. But we have found out that dealers in general really well........... some are good but the red tape that is involved makes it ni on impossible to get problems sorted with ours. So what I'm trying to say is go to the top and if necessary have them get you another car- its too young to be warranting all these problems and worries. Which most are major if you found yourself on a motorway etc with children or grandchildren on board.

DO IT ! before its too late as they Will drag their feet, trust me.

All the best and let us all know what happens.

Dragon Siw, 2 Fiestas and 1 Fusion. ~ and guess what folks the Fusion is a better ride holding the road so much better than both of my Fiestas ever did.

PS. the first thing I ever drove is a short wheel base Transit when I was 14 on private grounds....

#28 Peter Mc

Peter Mc

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

When I had problems with my Ford, I contacted Ford uk customer service and after a few days they got in touch. They assigned a customer service rep to my case and regularly called to check on progress. There had been a problem where the dealership had been refused an expensive part by Ford uk until further testing has been carried out. The cs rep made sure that there was really good communication going on and expedited the whole process. It seems they do care but you just got to take that extra step of involving Ford directly. I found that in my case the issue had been mentioned on this forum and mentioning this forum did appear to help my cause as it would go to prove that I want alone with my problem. Good luck bootsy, looks like it will get sorted now, they certainly turned my frown upside down when customer services got involved. Seems they don't like unhappy customers :-)

#29 Peter Mc

Peter Mc

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

How do you delete an accidental double post?

#30 bootsy

bootsy

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the replys, Ford are involved and are monitering the situation, i have to wait until it does the no rev thing then get it into them, so hopefully it will get sorted. Its a shame really we have had these problems but i still really like the car, on the display it says we are getting 70.9 average mpg and thats with a average speed of 28.2 mph so i think thats pretty good. Before anyone shouts at me we wll be doing more miles soon with a good bit of motorway so hopefully our Dpf wont get so upset. I have been told that while we are not doing many miles it wood be best to give it a run on the motorway at 60 mph for about 20 miles about once a month so i can live with that. Even with the problems to do with this Dpf thing i would still prefer a diesel. With the mpg thing i think if i remember right it says the best mpg was 99.9 and i think if it was say ideal driving ie like what Ford base there figures on maybe doing a constant 56 mph on a motorway i think the mpg figure would be very good, i may try that!, one thing i would like to know is can you shut the heater off so there is no airflow because i cant find a setting where you get nothing bleeding through?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users