Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Being Ill Sucks!

jeebowhite

So, this weekend sucked! I had a cold (queue the violins!)

Now when you have a cold, your normally one of two people:

1) the person who has a snuffle, cough and sneeze for a week, you can still get on with life, but its a bit of an effort

or your like me:

2) the person who gets the entire weeks cold in about 36 hours, starts with a sniff, and by the time you reach for a tissue, you feel like you have been steamrollered repeatedly, sneezing every second, and runny nose like niagra falls. But it only lasts 36 hours or so!

I am obviously the latter kind, and wonder if I am alone and its just my sucky immune system thats the problem, or if indeed there are others who suffer the same fate as I do.

I like having a cold over and done with in a few days, but I am not so fond of the being knocked straight off my feet! so I pose the question to you, are a number 1? or a number 2?

• Like 1

Number 2.

I get a cold which hits for a couple of days then goes, just leaving a load of crap in my lungs to clear out.

I think they call it Manthrax.

The best cure for a bad cold is a half bottle of whisky and a thick duvet.

Sweat the beggar out.

• Like 1

sweat it out. i bet your not getting any :rolleyes: .......sympathy from the missus!

lmfao, it was so bad, I couldnt even face Whisky! now, when the missus demands to go shopping in the supermarket, and walks down the aisle hosting whiskey and you dont even look, then you know you shouldnt be out of bed. Then getting home and walking past an open bottle of whiskey in the cupboard, nothing!

Seriously.... I hate being ill...

I'm number 3, I get a sore throat, a slight sniffle and a headache, for a day. Wake up next day cured. Oh yeah, go immune system.

• Like 1

All I am saying is there is a pattern developing here, as we come north it seems to affect less, must be the north south divide lol,

Nah, well I was bad a couple of weeks ago although could still function and get on with it, it wiped me out, sleeping 10-12 hours so early nights and still wrecked all day at work, but our lass being ill for over a week now, docs gave her antibiotics and she has being back to docs today, she now on steroids and mega strong antibiotics and got a sick note for another fortnight although she didnt ask for it, doc said chest infection and sinusitis, I say its my man flue lol. women eh :P

im rarely ill think my old budge had a fling with chuck norris

• Like 1

Man flu...and it gets worse the older ye get!!! I fainted in the bathrom with pain had to crawl into bedroom to ask leo to listen for baby doctor wanted me to go hospital but leo wanted to go shopping lol leo goes doctor when he farts tho

• Like 1

Man flu...and it gets worse the older ye get!!! I fainted in the bathrom with pain had to crawl into bedroom to ask leo to listen for baby doctor wanted me to go hospital but leo wanted to go shopping lol leo goes doctor when he farts tho

But it was a mans !Removed!, there's a difference Vicki, you want to count yourself lucky you wont feel this type of illness unless your lucky enough to catch something off Lenny then you would know what ill is :P

• Like 1

Pmsl ...aye its hard to be a man george that's how the song goes lol

• Like 1

Try Norovirus.

Had it about 3 years back and was praying for death.

Worst I've ever felt (and I've had a broken back to compare with).

I'm not the type to be wimpy that's for sure!

There is certainty a divide, having been brought up in the north east and moving after 18 years I have climatised to the southern way lol

Well I feel a lot better 36 hours and recovered then 48 hours total and all that's left is a sore nose.

Wooooo :-)

I don't feel alone though which is pretty good going in my book.

I tend to feel colds coming on the day before, have a really bad day where it feels like my head is going to explode or throats going to disintegrate, then after that I just tend to have a few more days of sniffle or tickly cough.

Only time it has been worse than that with a cold was when I was coughing so much that I got an infection in my throat, kept choking and couldn't breathe, it was horrible.

I'm not one for being I'll though, I hate sitting around, I think the mental attitude you have towards it really affects your recovery. I was so not in the mood for the cold I had last week, lol.

At least you are feeling better now though :)

I tend to get the flu jab every year, but it makes no odd's. I get a new cold every month!

Well, I am still recovering. I felt better after day 3, but like most of you, spent (and continue to spend) days coughing my lungs up. now the snuffles have returned a tad, and it doesnt help that I was overworked when I should have been relaxing, probably my own fault lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club