Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Seat Adjustment Dilemma.

hosse

Hi all,

My wife is now the proud owner of a tidy white 2 door mk6 fiesta LX, we've retired her gas guzzling BMW finally. Only issue is her feet barely reach the pedals.!

She's only 5 feet 2 inches tall, and even with the seat all the way forward she has to operate the pedals with her tip toes, so she's stalling all the time and doesn't have proper control of the car.

Also the seats are way too high, my head touches the roof and I'm only 5 feet 9.! The lever on the right of the seat only seems to tilt the base, not lower the seat. If we could lower them they would help her a lot.

We never had this issue with the BMW and thats a much bigger car.

Please help.!!

-hosse

Unfortunately I dont know what there is to do! you may be able to buy some other seats from a write off, and just replacing them so that they have height adjustment, which may help both yourself and your wife, however, the pedals are the biggest problem.

Depending on how much your wife struggles to reach the pedals, you can get some sort of pedal extensions... something along these lines.

http://www.pedalextenders.com/

Whilst these are particularly marketed to those who suffer much more height limitation, they should be available in more lengths for those who are just that little too short to reach?

Thanks for the reply Jeebo,

Isn't there any way the seat rails can be adjusted further allowing a little more seat travel.?

I am confused

I am 5ft2 (male), I have driven fiestas since I passed my test and don't have any issues with the car at all

Seat is pulled all the way forward and seat is pumped up and my head does not touch the roof.

Yes I can't use the clutch the you are supposed to do with your heel on the floor.

Oh and size 5 feet.

Maybe there is something wrong with your seats

Hey Steveo,

Thanks for the input fella. I'm also thinking there's an issue with the seats, perhaps the rails and mechanisms need greasing up.

FYI, a clutch pedal isn't designed to be operated with your heel on the floor, only the gas pedal is. The pedal throw is much to long and requires more pressure than an ankle movement can produce, you're doing it right.!

Cheers buddy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club