Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trim Clips ?

Mike77

Hey guys, bit of a long shot this, but have a really annoying rattle when going over bumps in the car, coming from the front. Had wheels off, checked brakes/pads etc, all fine. Had a bang around with a rubber mallet, thought maybe something to do with front bumper as I pulled out a few large stones and a dead bird (skeleton) must have been there a while lol. Got these out from the large grill under the ref plate. Took car out, confident I'd nailed it, and boom, still there. So jacked it up again, and found my inner wheel arches are really loose and flopping about, mainly the back end/behind the wheel towards the cockpit if you like. Looked on eBay and there are many different types of these clips, so which ones do I need ??? Notice I have at least one missing on either side, maybe more on a closer inspection. Any help would be appreciated. Main ones I've seen state '7mm' hole but want to get the right ones.

Could you take one of the remaining ones out to check the size?

I'll do a microcat check for you later.

From Ford you'll probably be looking at a couple of quid a pack of four.

Cheers Stoney,,,, rang fords, and they are over a £1 EACH..... So ordered a pack of 10 7mm ones from eBay, if they don't fit, then my bad, but for £3.75 its gotta be worth a go. Let me know what you find, cheers ;-)

Darn it!!!

Microcat won't open for me anymore as it's come up as outdated.

Hopefully I can find a newer version to download or else I've lost an excellent tool. Bugger.

No worries mate, its not that urgent. Wait and see how these from eBay work out. Hope it sorts the rattle, its driving my bananas lol. Both in Dr arches are very loose though. So I think it will be them causing the noise.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike.....did the 7mm clips fit ok? I've just discovered that one of my liners is loose and rattling so want to sort it.

No mate,,,, way to small, don't buy them. I took a gamble and it didn't pay off lol. More suited to the ones under the bonnet that hold the top of your bumper to the slant panel.

Yeah, think they work out at around £1.30 ish each

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club