Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Beeps When Stop

stu9000

Hi all

Just bought a 2004 ford focus. V happy but I get three beeps when I turn ignition off and remove key.

The link below plays an audio file in my public drop box folder. .aac format

https://db.tt/BnzEXYO0

Thanks to anyone that can help as ive drawn a blank so far

S

Never heard that before on any focus let alone a 2004 it sounds like a warning of somesort im assuming all lights are off doir closed etc

Never heard that before on any focus let alone a 2004 it sounds like a warning of somesort im assuming all lights are off doir closed etc

Door closed and lights off. The warning for headlights sounds completely different. Reading through the mods in your footer you clearly know the ff pretty well. Guess I need to speak to the dealer, but I'm guessing they will just tell me to bring it in with a £££ bill following on.

Had the mk1 and mk2 dad had loads of fords ive listened to it again but i cannot recall that noise im assuming its got no aftermarket alarm and there are no lights on the dash either very strange

It sounds like the beeps you get from an aftermarket head unit to remind you to take the face off to prevent theft! how odd never heard that before in a mark 1 or 2

Definitely not a standard Ford sound so is something aftermarket for sure.

I'd say an alarm, immobiliser or something of that sort.

I have heard that from some Japanese cars and is usually alarm or immobiliser related.

It sounded like an old thatcham alarm i once had though that was 1 beep when u switched the ignition off to tell you the immobiliser was activated but that had a seperate fob programmed in place of the original

I take it the original ford stereo is fitted? a sony stereo I once had did the exact sound to remind you to remove faceplate.

Thanks for the clues. The stereo has been taken out and replaced with a Sony so that will be the first thing to check tomorrow.

If the stereo face is removable try removing it before turning off the ignition.

Thanks for the clues. The stereo has been taken out and replaced with a Sony so that will be the first thing to check tomorrow.

It's the Sony Stereo. If you remove the front before you turn off the ignition it will stop. I know this, as I used to have one.

Not sure about the stereo. Nice to know the beeps are nithing serious but I don't like my tech too pushy. It sounds good and takes a memory stick etc. But the damn thing won't stop flashing. I downloaded a manual and can probably fix that but the dash just looks butchered. Tempted to rip it out and put in something else. The car also has the remote buttons behind the steering wheel. Currently not connected but surely it cant be hard?

New radio surrounds and spacers/adaptors are readily available as well as controller interfaces.

Tbh if the previous owner didn't fit an interface they were being either cheap or lazy.

Depending on the MK of your vehicle either

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270882280366

Or

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270427725504

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club