Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speakers Dead Down Right Hand Side

H22A

Hi

Bought a 56 Focus last year and since the outset the Speakers have been dead down the right side of the car - both front and rear, woofers and tweeters.

I assumed that the right channel had blown in the standard head unit.

Today I replaced the head unit with my old Pioneer one which I know works fine.

However, the right side Speakers are still silent.

All the wires are plugged in at the connector and there are no signs that the wiring is damaged or been interfered with.

I know that in the history of the car, the entire dashboard was removed by Ford due to a problem with the aircon or something, and the previous owner (who had it from new) said that the Speakers on the right had been dead for years.

I wonder if there is a connector of something in the loom that never got reconnected when the dashboard was removed.

So if there is anyone out there who has experience of the speaker part of the loom and can shed some light on this, it'd be greatly appreciated - I'd rather not have to run new speaker wiring if at all possible.

Cheers

Paul

I posted a message a couple of weeks ago with a diagram I produced of the pin configuration of the quadlock radio connector to the loom.

Reposting it here, hopefully to your benefit.

Quadlocklayout110913owndoc.jpg

Thanks for the prompt reply Stoney.

I am pretty sure that all is OK at the plug end - I suppose I could do a continuity test from the pin to the speaker terminal...

The other thing I have not yet tried is taking the door cards of and checking that the Speakers are actually plugged in still.

Might be a schoolboy error, but the chances of both front woofer and tweeter and the rear speaker being unplugged are pretty remote.

I suppose I am asking whether anyone knows if the speaker part of the loom has any connectors in it or does the wire run straight from plug to speaker with no interruptions? For example, I assume that the front right splits in two to supply signal to the woofer and tweeter.

The door cards are a total pain tgeres an easy way to check the side thats dead if its the driver side unpop the trim where the seat belt is right down to tge floor under there are 2 wires for the Speakers rear right is white for plus and grey for negative left is white/violet plus grey,/white negative connect a working speaker by peeling back the plastic coating if it works then the Speakers themself are dead and its common they wouldnt have been unplugged to do the dash and they wouldnt have forgotten to plug all of them in

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club