Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Remap My Mk3 Zetec S

RyanZetecS

Struggling to find a decent dealer who will remap my mk3 1.6 td Zetec s.

Has anyone had their car done??

Does anyone know much about DTC codes?

post-43242-0-32302300-1380592530_thumb.j

Most wont remap as it will invalidate youre warranty and even with bluefins that you can revert back to normal ford can put it on the machine and see whats been done and if the maps been altered and to what and will refuse to touch the car what dtc codes do you have

That's what I've been told, but I don't understand why they won't do it still?

I'm getting C401_64

I've tried to google it and I can't find anything

they wont do it because ford will not honour the warranty leaving it in the remap companies hands and they dont want that since any damage to the engine ford will argue was caused by the remap thats not a fault code

why dont you try RS Tuning in Leeds. They are well recommended on the TDOC Forum

or a tuning box and unplug for warranty/service etc

What is it if it's not a fault?

What type/make of tuning box would you recommend?

I'll check that one out in Leeds, only down the road from me

post-43242-0-58668700-1380657142_thumb.j

Dtuk where the preferred boxes on the vauxhall forums when i had my astra saying that they didnt do one for mine so i got a cheap one off eBay with adjustable settings

On some more recent cars a tuning box can also be detected even after it has been removed

I can confirm you cannot alter the maps on the focus without it being detected by a ford dealer once plugged in the ecu will provide a memory of sorts showing everything including any alterations from the factory settings.

Most tuning boxes simply trick the car into thinking its cold when its not adding more fuel since every car is different and is made with varying engine tolerances theres no such thing as a universal box as for the dtc i cant find it anywhere all chassis dtcs dont go past 2000 likely fords done this so you need to take it to them since its under warranty it wont bevan issue

Hmm I guess I'll have to have a good think about what I want to do then.

Thanks for the help though fellas.

Any of you know how long the warranty is on the rear light units?

1year i believe trust me any issue you have youre better taking it in and having it sorted theres issues with condensation in the front and rear lights if thats what you mean

The lenses have loads of little cracks all over them, I went into Evan Halshaw Ford and they replaced the units but not like for like (I has the led ones and they replaced with non-led)

I complained so they put my cracked ones back on and said they can't give me replacements they also said I caused the cracks because I changed a reverse bulb.

So I still have the cracked ones on and I don't know what I can do about it

Warrantees are a political issue, not technical, it is up to the individual car owner to decide what he/ she want to do with his car -

As before, tuning boxes come from £7 "resistor" boxes to £500 multi-channel multi-map devices that act as an additional digital ECU, - there is no comparison wetweem these different tuning boxes

Superchips will remap your car to a claimed 141bhp/294nm -

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/focus16tdci110bhp.pdf

Agree if you arent bothered about invalidating youre warranty go with a reputable company also try pumaspeed they do ford mods that ford approve mainly fiesta but a lot of the engines in the fiesta and focus are the same and it wont void any warranty

Hmm I guess I'll have to have a good think about what I want to do then.

Thanks for the help though fellas.

Any of you know how long the warranty is on the rear light units?

Many of us have had remaps, and with the more modern Bosch ecu's as well. To date I have never had one detected by the main dealers, and on one car I never took off the map when it went in for a service either. So I think, unless they get wind of something its well worth the risk.

• Like 1

the reason why they havent said anything is you havent had an engine issue but if its been hooked up they know they just wont say anything thats until you have an engine or gearbox warranty issue and then they plug it in and will get a full update that the maps been altered then watch as they tell you its not there problem and youre not covered its up to the individual at the end of the day its worth remembering these engines can and do go wrong and can cost a lot of money to fix depending on the issue particularly the petrols with the ti vct system that does and will fail eventually at acost of over £700 to fix i would personally wait the 3 years then do what i want

Bluefin is soon going to be available for the 1.6tdci, at the moment they don't offer a map for the mk3 115bhp engine...

try More-Bhp in cheshire...just had mine remapped and dpf/egr deleted- the do all sorts of cars and have rolling road too :p

cant fault their service

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club