Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry + Key in Boot =

tt07

We have a New Fiesta with Keyless Entry, I wondered what happened if the car was locked and you opened the boot and left the keys in the boot and shut it, well....

If the key is in your pocket it would lock

If the key is in the boot it will unlock the latch so you can retrieve the key means you are unable to lock them in the car, nice touch.

As an aside leaving the key in the car and trying to lock it, you can't it won't lock the doors.

Useless facts found whilst cleaning the car today

I'm sure I read the same in the owners book.

I never thought to check in there for what might happen.

well, once the key is within the bubble of the car it will be communicating with it. im still weary of locking keys in cars. was easy to get into my older cars if i made the mistake, not so in the newer cars.

Did you know though, lets say the passanger has the keys after opening the car for you and then you both get in and drive off...you drop them off somewhere and they still have the keys, you can still drive off and when you stop the car when you are miles away..thats it no more driving for U...you cant restart the car because the keys are miles away..ive seen this done..LOL :lol:

Did you know though, lets say the passanger has the keys after opening the car for you and then you both get in and drive off...you drop them off somewhere and they still have the keys, you can still drive off and when you stop the car when you are miles away..thats it no more driving for U...you cant restart the car because the keys are miles away..ive seen this done..LOL :lol:

I'm so glad I've got standard keys after reading all these horror stories about keyless.

I quite fancied the power start but you can't have that without keyless can you?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club