Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Changing Interior Light Colours

Solzy

Hi I'm interested in changing the LEDs inside the ford focus (MK2) such as the window switches, AC control knobs etc. just wondering anyone gone through with it before? Will need help taking apart/removing everything from the car, will be much appreciated! Looking to change to some nice blue interior..

Thank youuu

John H did it before, you need to be proficient with a soldering iron, brave enough too and have the appropriate SMD LED's to swap them with.

If you have the above, then brill, if you are nervous, dont do it, you could write off your instrument cluster if you do it which could cost you a lot.

+1

The LED are very small and fiddly.

You can buy most bits ready converted on eBay but the instrument cluster would have to be sent away to be done.

Thanks for the replies guys! I guess I'll just do the little things like switches, can I just change the LED to the existing resistor?

im working on this myself currently, im changing the switches for the rear and front heated windows,

the heater control dials are on eBay for £50 however ive only ever seen them with blue leds, whether you can request a colour from the seller i dont know,

the switches are fiddly but look great, i brought a second hand switches to practice on first before attempting my own switches

Can anyone help me to disassemble the passenger side switch on the MK2 focus? I have no idea how to disassemble it further after poking the 2 holes on each side.. Hmm

ideally you need to get yourself a Haynes manual, talking you through it over the page is not going to be an easy feat!

• 2 weeks later...

Got all the lights inside my car changed! Speedo is now blue and red too! Looks awesome

Soldering isnt the hard part, its the steady hands that you need to do the soldering! lol

Most people could do it, the irritant is knowing the difference between the posi and negi pole on the SMD, as you could wire it in the wrong way round to find half the lights work, the others fail!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club