Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aquaplaning my new fiesta....

johnnymac16

So coming down the bypass late last night, or very early this morning... the road is covered in water an torrential rain lol ok i blame myself maybe for going to fast in the wet, but came of the motorway an onto the slip road and applied the brakes and it just skidding along, i ended up sideways looking down the slip road with a punctured tyre and now car is on the back of lorry awaiting to go into ford for two new tyres...

im all good thou.. just thought id let u all know of the dangers of driving to fast in the wet!

johnnymac, just for interest, do you have ESP with Traction Assist? And if you don't, do you think it might have been any help?

Edit: have just seen you have the X Pack so of course you have ESP. So it evidently doesn't work miracles...

Scary stuff, glad you are ok.

johnnymac, just for interest, do you have ESP with Traction Assist? And if you don't, do you think it might have been any help?

Edit: have just seen you have the X Pack so of course you have ESP. So it evidently doesn't work miracles...

It's an oft misconception that ESP, DSC, Traction Control or any other form of stability program will prevent you from crashing. It can help, but it isn't failsafe.

All it is, is an aid, just like ABS won't stop you running in the back of someone, ESP won't keep you on the road if you are driving too fast for the conditions or the road.

So coming down the bypass late last night, or very early this morning... the road is covered in water an torrential rain lol ok i blame myself maybe for going to fast in the wet, but came of the motorway an onto the slip road and applied the brakes and it just skidding along, i ended up sideways looking down the slip road with a punctured tyre and now car is on the back of lorry awaiting to go into ford for two new tyres...

im all good thou.. just thought id let u all know of the dangers of driving to fast in the wet!

Hey John,

The most important thing here is that you are alright--easy for others to criticise--but it's all too easily done.

Think yourself lucky though, it could have been a whole lot worse..............

sorry to hear that your car is in need of some TLC, but tbh that could have been a lot worse, your very lucky you didnt skid and hit something and over turn! we all have had near misses in the past so I wont critisise at all, just glad you ok and in one piece hun,

That is really scary! Its happened to me before in my Astra. Busted the wheel and the tyre. At least I was only 200 yds from a garage so not far to go. Sorry your car is ill and I hope it gets better soon :)

YEAH im ok, car is fine, just extreamly dirty and still awaiting two new tyres, ford cant do it till wednesday now as no one works over a bank holiday weekend, even me lol and im on holiday this week too as im 22 woo hoo.. lol

but yeah, just makes u realise that in the wet u underestimate the worse that can happen, i wasnt even going to fast tbh, but still these things happen...

just watch out in the wet thats all i say!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club