• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Louisa
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: Non

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

I joined the forum so I could ask this as I can't find the answers I need anywhere!

Some info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I want to buy a new-ish Fiesta Titanium, up to 2/3 years old, but I'm completely confused as to the differences between the new 2013 (UK) Fiesta and 2012/11/10 versions - specifically with Bluetooth/Ford Sync.

I believe the 2013 Fiesta was the first to have 'Sync', but looking at pre-2013 Fiestas for sale it seems some have Bluetooth features and some don't, is this an upgrade thing..?

I was interested in Sync for its ability to make calls, read texts, play music, for the voice control and very keen on the DAB radio and Sony Navigation, but I'm struggling to find more information on Bluetooth in pre-2013 Fiestas. What I really want to know is do all Titaniums come with Bluetooth, and what does it do? How does it compare to Sync and what are the differences..?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Loz Cheung

Loz Cheung

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Name: Lorenzo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Sync is pretty awful at the moment, so i wouldnt let it sway your decision on your beloved Titanium!

The pre-facelift versions with bluetooth will be on Fords own software - which had problems itself, but as they were less complex had fewer things to go wrong!

As of 2012, the Titaniums came with a Sony headunit with DAB fitted as well as bluetooth (look for a 'phone' button on the radio). The main thing i can think of thats missing from Sync is the ability to read texts. Apart from that the pre-2013 still makes calls, plays music, have voice control - and adjusts your climate control!

I guess if you do get one with Sync, it can only get better when they eventually send out updates! 

#3 tomroscoe

tomroscoe

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Gotta disagree with Loz as I absolutely adore Sync's ability to connect me with anyone in my phone book with one button push on the steering wheel and two statements: 'Call Joe on mobile', and 'yes', to confirm what Mavis Sync repeats. lt's impressive stuff this voice control, though I don't need it for USB or texts which you might.

#4 E5GDM

E5GDM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sync reads the texts from my i phone.

#5 Willy

Willy

1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,030 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sync is SH 1 T!

You can have mine for free ;)

#6 Willy

Willy

1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,030 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

!Removed! thing.

All I get it "because of the number of files on your media device, speech commands are not available"
Every time. :(

#7 iNath

iNath

Skoda Driver

• Super Mod
  • 3,434 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Frozen White Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Sony and/or Bluetooth and/or USB were options upgrades - not all Fiesta's have them.

#8 000

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: Christopher

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I use bluetooth mainly for the audio capabilities. It doesn't really do much more with my iPhone 5, for example I can't say 'Play track ... ' x' it doesn't allow it.

Doesn't show names when texts come through just 'unknown', and doesn't show numbers when dialling in/answering. Unless I'm doing something wrong..

Worst experience I had was when I had a windows phone connected - would rather have sat silently, horrendous.

#9 E5GDM

E5GDM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Zetec S

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I have to use the USB to get the most out of my i phone.

#10 lou89

lou89

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Louisa
  • Year: Non

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thanks all.

I'd heard Sync can be problematic.

As of 2012, the Titaniums came with a Sony headunit with DAB fitted as well as bluetooth... the pre-2013 still makes calls, plays music, have voice control - and adjusts your climate control!

So... a 2010/11 Fiesta with Bluetooth will do everything a 2012 with Bluetooth can do? Except that the 2012 has Sony DAB?

Also, how does sat-nav work... I think the 2013 can have a 'Sony Navigation system', can previous Fiestas have any kind of built in sat-nav?

#11 Ross M

Ross M

Ross ST

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name: Ross
  • Ford Model: ST2

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Mine doesn't even work! But I think that's down to the iPhone. My old S1600 Bluetooth setup was better I feel.

#12 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I have been pleasantly surprized with Sync. The bluetooth system in my old '59 plate used to freeze-up all the time. It would fail to hang up at the end of calls and sometimes not connect at all. Sync on my new car seems to be working like a dream. Using it with a Samsung Note II.

My girlfriend especially likes the text reading function, not for its intended use but for the juvenile (yet funny) purpose of making the posh/mechanical Sync voice say some x-rated phrases. :lol: 

#13 tomroscoe

tomroscoe

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

My 7 month old Zetec has just been back to the dealer for a firmware update to the audio system. This has cured the tendency of the steering wheel controls to give up (tho the volume buttons always worked) and the same update might well sort some of the sync problems you guys are having.

Might be worth contacting your dealer?

#14 000

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: Christopher

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hmm, I had a problem with only the volume buttons working Tom, when I updated to new phone software it cured it, weird!

#15 jimbo20fiesta

jimbo20fiesta

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: Jim
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2000

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Only the 2013 models have option of built in satnav. Prior models only had the option of a rear view mirror with a small satnav screen:

http://www.ford.co.u...mber/MirrorNavi

Jim

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bluetooth, sync, titanium, navigation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users